Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2024, 09:32 AM   #1

Riggified a Chain Guard for my Orion RXB250L

The fiddling continues.

My state has a hard-on for hassling riders without chain guards on their bikes. My RXB didn't come with one from the factory but the idiots at the DMV were so damn confused about the paperwork when I had my bike plated that they forgot to finalize all the steps for the inspection. So nobody noticed, and they let me sail through without it.

The problem is, when the suspension travels off-road the chain bites the bottom corner of my saddlebags. So I actually want it to have a chain guard, but none are available. And I'm sure I'll need one to be there when I renew the tag in a couple years. So I made this.

It's a chunk of 1-1/4" aluminum U channel with a bracket I bent up to go over the swingarm, padded with a slice from an old inner tube. And another L bracket I made bolted through the hole where the mounting screw for the rubber chain guide goes. I may yet add a third bracket for rigidity, since the lower mounting bolt for the passenger footpeg bracket is only like 1-1/2" away.

I'll probably take it off and round over the end that sticks out over the back of the sprocket at some point. Maybe paint it black. Maybe not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240603_153859198_HDR.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	31545  

Old 06-09-2024, 04:41 PM   #2

That turned out nice. I like the rivet work. Round the end off and it'll look oem.