Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2019, 09:24 PM   #1

Buy now or wait for DLX

I searched and didn’t see a thread for someone looking to buy a Hawk with the DLX coming out in a few months. I can find limited information on the DLX and if it’s worth it to wait. I would appreciate any information or advice from some people who own the current Hawk. This will be my first purchase of this type of vehicle so I don’t have much experience to draw from myself, thanks!

Old 03-29-2019, 10:35 PM   #2

I've been waiting roughly a year so far. I wouldn't hold your breath.

When it does come I want to be on record here that the map tune for the EFI is lack luster and begs for a retune BUT Can't be jail broke. So everyone goes back to a carb.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Old 03-30-2019, 02:09 AM   #3

I have seen it listed on the EPA/DOT certification list. It is approved for 49 states as an 'on-highway motorcycle.' It is hopefully just a matter of time, although I have seen long anticipated bikes get EPA/DOT certification, yet the bikes never make it here. One such bike was the Genuine 400 we recently got. It was approved for 2 consecutive years by the OEM, Shineray, but no bike. There was a 1 or 2 year gap, and the bike was finally certified last year by Genuine. The DLX is a RPS product, and RPS is a subsidiary of Hensim, so I do believe there is more hope for a DLX. Personally, I am looking forward to the Lifan X-Pect 200 which also has changed over to SFI, and Lifan has stated it will be available next month.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard