Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2019, 12:02 AM   #1

Thumbs Up New authors of books, etc

2lz has a new book published. If there are any other members that have written books, articles, real news or even fake news.....what ever the writing may be, post if for us!! There is so much talent on this site!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 09-09-2019, 02:56 AM   #2

What's the name of the book?

Old 09-09-2019, 08:38 AM   #3

I've written a few short stories that friends and family found funny and entertaining, and helped my cousin Max pen several as well. In my world everyone is either a bumbling Mr Bean that suffers constant mishaps or a devious rap scallion with a take no prisoners attitude. Cousin Max has long discussed throwing our works together in a compilation of short stories but we haven't done it yet.

My favorite author is probably Erskine Caldwell, but I've read all the classics, Dostoyevsky, Chekhov, Tolstoy etc. But my favorite book is probably Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Hubbard. I also enjoy Twain, Tolkien, Maclean, and all the science fiction authors. And I like some Koontz, especially The Bad Place.

I can read 700 wpm with full comprehension and recall so I can burn through even a large book in a few hours. I love reading.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:39 AM   #4

New Book by....
2lz, or, Bill Caputo, "On the Eighth Day, God Created State Workers", on amazon.

When we first found this site, and read many of the posts, 2lz was instrumental in helping make a china syndrome decision. His posts on the CSCTT250 were incredible, and the "trash can mod" was interesting. He is a god man and has assisted many here. 2lz has retired and has joined as he calls it "the bench buzzards."
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 09-09-2019, 10:22 AM   #5

This happened at night and the Yugo could be revved to the stratosphere so 45mph was indeed possible in 1st or Reverse, and I would have been 17 or 18 at the time.

Last edited by OneLeggedRider; 10-30-2019 at 01:57 AM.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:13 PM   #6

Not a short story, just some of my humor.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:39 PM   #7

This didn't go over well with some of my female friends who don't believe in spanking, but it was all in fun.

Old 09-09-2019, 04:38 PM   #8

My poor dog, feelin highlighted and violated..

Old 09-09-2019, 04:43 PM   #9

I am on the4 ground laughing so hard I cant stand up to type this!!!!

Old 09-09-2019, 04:50 PM   #10

I am still laughing over the posts on authors...I got two of my customers in my kitchen having coffee and they are rolling on the floor!!!

Old 09-09-2019, 06:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedooit View Post
I am still laughing over the posts on authors...I got two of my customers in my kitchen having coffee and they are rolling on the floor!!!
Haha! That night in the Yugo there must have been some black ice on the pavement because my plan (which Max hadn't been informed of) was to land the jump and do a 180, NOT a 540, so we were both caught unawares for a minute. We landed so hard all 4 of the wheel covers popped off and I had to retrieve them the next morning before Pops knew there was something amiss.

I have always been able to drive anything (cars, trucks, bikes, quads, forklifts etc.) like a stuntman and really enjoy pushing the envelope, to which my Dr's can attest lol. The secret to doing a high speed 180 on pavement is quickly transitioning the front wheels from left to right (or vice versa) during the apex of the slide because every split second the wheels are pointed straight ahead you're running the risk of a rollover.

And as I'm always preaching to Jay about riding on gravel roads, experiencing traction loss doesn't mean you're out of control by any means, and alot of times the throttle will treat you better than the brakes will. This last accident was a direct result of me panicking and locking up the rear wheel while it was airborne. I'd have been better off to gently apply them and possibly could have made the turn through the intersection.

Old 09-10-2019, 12:12 AM   #12

When in doubt, as we sledders say, throttle out! I am still laughing!!!

Old 09-10-2019, 06:59 AM   #13

A few excerpts from Max's 'Cousin Frank's cornbread war of '94'. There were funnier bits but the story is just too long to post here. And we both had minimum wage jobs but that didn't go far in Orlando.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:10 AM   #14

Max's narrative of him introducing me (at the tender young age of 16) to psylosiben mushrooms WHILE picking him up from Chicago and our experience at a toll booth.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:42 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedooit View Post
New Book by....
2lz, or, Bill Caputo, "On the Eighth Day, God Created State Workers", on amazon.
That is amazing! Now I know what book to read next. On a side, related note, without having read the book about state workers (I will become one on Sept. 23), I have been watching videos on youtube from these so-called auditors. Apparently, nowadays, if you work with the public in a public place, people with cameras can walk in and film you and your place of work, and even your car and license plate, and not have to speak with you under the guise of 'auditing'. The videos are quite boring overall, but are interesting from the perspective of social experiments (the camera people say they are conducting so-called '1st Amendment audits). Just one more bit of fun that state workers are to endure while at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
This happened at night and the Yugo could be revved to the stratosphere so 45mph was indeed possible in 1st or Reverse, and I would have been 17 or 18 at the time.
You have some GREAT writings, and that is just based on a few posts! I can only imagine the novels you have tucked away!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard