Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2017, 11:03 PM   #1

600 mile trip

Hey all. I am taking my new to me CSC TT250 from Fort Worth TX to Albuquerque NM for my sister's wedding in a few weeks. I will be taking my GoPro so will hopefully have some good pics and maybe video. I will be reviewing the VUZ saddle bags and Duffle. I have put on a pair of Shinko 705s also. I think Cloud took roughly the same route I have planned. Let me know if anyone wants anymore info or has any pointers, would love any tips.

Luinn

Old 05-30-2017, 12:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luinn View Post
Hey all. I am taking my new to me CSC TT250 from Fort Worth TX to Albuquerque NM for my sister's wedding in a few weeks. I will be taking my GoPro so will hopefully have some good pics and maybe video. I will be reviewing the VUZ saddle bags and Duffle. I have put on a pair of Shinko 705s also. I think Cloud took roughly the same route I have planned. Let me know if anyone wants anymore info or has any pointers, would love any tips.

Luinn
One night on the road I Guess or all in 1. If you average 50mph it will be 12 hrs. Better split it in half.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-30-2017, 03:14 AM   #3

^Especially if you have never done any sort of touring ride before over a long distance.

Plan your route, and plan your gas stops. Calculate your trip time by figuring in 75% of the actual speed you believe you will maintain to allow for proper rest stops to stretch, hydrate, and eat. Believe me, you want to give yourself the time to relax and recover. The wind, noise, heat/cold, vibrations, and being in the same riding position for hours will take a toll on you.

Here are a couple of things that I have found very handy on a few of my touring rides.
First, ear plugs. You can use foam ones if you want, they have the advantage of being cheap. I use these, and I love them, they are cleanable and reusable, do a good job of reducing noise but do actually allow you to hear some things still. https://www.amazon.com/Eargasm-Music...elity+earplugs

Something else I consider a must have, and is really affordable, is one of these. They have many different styles (short and wide, longer, etc) but these are a simple, easy to install, remove, or swing out of the way as you ride, and boy oh boy do they help.
https://www.amazon.com/CrampBuster-M...2HND2TG9NRY69X
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-30-2017, 04:32 AM   #4

Thanks for the response guys. Blackbike, I plan on doing it in two days. Will probably get a hotel in Lubbock. Dan thanks for the advice I will definitely plan to take my time since this will be my longest trip. I am going over my route this week for gas and will carry an extra half gallon just in case. I have some good noise canceling headphones that will be accompanying me plus some simple earplugs. I already got a crampbuster lol! Thanks for the reminder I need to make sure it comes with me.

Luinn

Old 05-30-2017, 09:11 AM   #5

Might want some more cushion on the seat.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:02 PM   #6

Sounds like fun. If this is a round trip you need to give yourself the credit and call this a 1,200mile ride though! ABQ is up over 6,000 feet so I imagine having some extra jets handy would be a good thing.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:16 PM   #7

Check the wind speeds for when youre going through the Lubbock area. Plowed fields equal getting sand blasted.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:50 AM   #8

Yes this is round trip DH I hope it will be a blast! Also any recommended jets would be awesome! Scott did not know about the wind I will check that out and maybe bring my shemagh or dusk mask from deployment. Kayakalot do not worry got the extra cushioned and the seat concepts seat so not sure what else I could do on that end. Thanks for all they advice everyone, keep it coming lol