Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2020, 09:28 PM   #1

Head Scratching Apollo db-36 questions

Hey everyone, been a lurker on these fourms for a bit while i have been considering which bike to get. I had initially planned on getting a brozz or storm, but decided on the apollo ( availability and being able to get it localy instead of trying to play the shipping game played a part) and one thing ive noticed with it is its far smaller gas tank. I havent taken it very far yet but it definitely eats through gas ( or at least has been for me). What i want to know is if there are any replacement tanks that are close to or comparable to what the bashans would have? Or should i look into getting some gas cans that i can mount to the bike?

Old 05-21-2020, 11:56 PM   #2

As of right now, no, there are no bigger tanks for the apollo. Therebisva plastic tank but I think its around the same size. I would have to agree with you, the tank on it is pretty dinky. Small enough to make you second guess if you want to take a really long trip! For now I'd look for those fork strapped gas cans.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:07 AM   #3

I don't know of a larger bolt-on and go tank. There is a plastic tank they make for a watercooled version. I have it on mine. Cuts way down on vibration for some reason. I have the dirt only bike. I can ride all day on a tank of gas. BUT that is 1st and second gear stuff. If you really need extra capacity, I suggest a rotopax tank. I have one on my TW200. They are fantastic. Don't leak and are tough. They have blemished items at a discount if you don't care about looking perfect. They sell really nice holders too. https://rotopax.com/rotopax/rotopax/

Old 05-22-2020, 10:52 AM   #4

Thanks for the suggestions, i will be looking into getting some of those rotopax cans, do you guys have any advice for mounting them to the bike?

Old 05-22-2020, 03:36 PM   #5

This is how mine is mounted. I have cycleracks rear rack and cycleracks bag supports. The support on the left side comes with a special plate that has the holes for the rotopax mount already drilled. Fits perfect and no clearance issues.