Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2019, 10:20 PM   #1

My brandnew Hawk 250 is dead

Hello guys, I just bought hawk 250, This is my very first bike! I never had bike in my life so that means that I'm 100% noob!
Today my Hawk 250 arrived, It was fully assembled from TXpowersports, I turned gas switch ON (down) turned keys, kill switch on, pressed start button but bike never started :( battery started to sounded like ZZZZZ but never started, then I connected jump wires from my friends car and bike started, I engine to run about 20-30 mins to charge battery but after I turned bike off it didn't start again... do you think that this is because of battery?
P.S. before my friend came I took battery to autoshop and they charged battery for 20 mins, when they gave me my battery it was very HOT and i think they damaged battery, Also i would like to know black switch behind carburetor should be all up or down or middle? Thank you so much! please help me and also sorry for my bad english!
FACTS:
I added 2 Gallons of 93 quality GAS
before adding gas i was playing with bike and tried to start up

Old 02-07-2019, 10:25 PM   #2

Also, I just bought new battery https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wonder if it's gonna fit?

Old 02-07-2019, 10:52 PM   #3

And it also did not start with kick start, only jump wires :(

Old 02-07-2019, 11:48 PM   #4

I believe that battery should fit. I recommend that you should tune the carb (the will fix the kick starting issue) and also adjust the valves. Go to youtube and look up motocheez's tutorials on how to do both of these. They are some what simple and require very little tools. Good Luck.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:37 AM   #5

Welcome aboard and congrats on the New Hawk! Sounds like the battery may have been bad from the dealer. The battery you have link will be too tall and wide to fit but you may be able to alter the battery holder enough the fit. Second problem with that battery will be the battery post or on the wrong side but you should have long enough cables o reach. I just replaced my battery with this one and works perfect. https://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Max-Ba...1MEK5BF4TA0MAC

Next thing you will want to do is change the oil. The oil that comes in the bike is a shipping oil and is pure junk. I would read through this sticky in the Dual Sport section that will guide you through what needs to be done and has mods that most of us have done that will help with performance and ride. http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20331

The choke lever has 3 positions. All the way down is choke off all the way up is choke on and there is a half choke inbetween.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-08-2019, 01:13 PM   #6

As Alpha said, check the valve clearance...

I was shipped a "ready to ride/fully assembled" bike even though I ordered a "Crate Bike" from TxPowersports/360Powersports...

"Manny" let it slide that he doesn't even have a proper shop or the correct tools/equipment to do such things... basically all he does is put the wheels on "tight" and ship it to his latest online victim...

Things he doesn't do on a "ready to ride, fully assembled bike"... check/set valves, charge the battery, change engine and fork oil, dielectric grease electrical connections, lube brake pins, DOT3 or 4 brake fluid, wheel bearings and "steering/head bearings" are also left bone dry...

So where does that extra $$ go to?!?

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 02-08-2019, 02:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
As Alpha said, check the valve clearance...

I was shipped a "ready to ride/fully assembled" bike even though I ordered a "Crate Bike" from TxPowersports/360Powersports...

"Manny" let it slide that he doesn't even have a proper shop or the correct tools/equipment to do such things... basically all he does is put the wheels on "tight" and ship it to his latest online victim...

Things he doesn't do on a "ready to ride, fully assembled bike"... check/set valves, charge the battery, change engine and fork oil, dielectric grease electrical connections, lube brake pins, DOT3 or 4 brake fluid, wheel bearings and "steering/head bearings" are also left bone dry...

So where does that extra $$ go to?!?
somewhere along these lines?