Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2018, 11:53 PM   #1

Magician Arrived

Magician arrived and had zero damage. Got it assembled and will post a few pics of it. Have 2 bad parts I’ll call and try to get replaced. 1 st part is the throttle handle has no stop. Work the throttle either forward or backward and moves the cable. 2nd part is the speed sensor not reading. I know the cluster is good after testing it. The needle would move by spinning the cable. Cranked it but did not ride it due to the throttle issue. Motor idle was ok after little adjustment. Went ahead and ordered vm26 and jets for future. Very pleased with it so far. Did video for fun so try to get it edited this weekend. Have more pics I’ll throw on later as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1D4576E8-17D8-491D-A1AE-E75267F3A494.jpg (14.5 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg A438F825-A664-4DA8-A16F-761B762CA583.jpg (19.9 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg 2E460FC7-2354-4EE6-A050-F8AB2B1C1E62.jpg (20.2 KB, 261 views)

Old 05-04-2018, 12:48 PM   #2

If you remove the front wheel, I bet you'll find that the speedometer gear tabs are bent. Try to straighten them and reinstall.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-04-2018, 03:54 PM   #3

Weldandgrind will the tabs be on the wheel or sensor? I will try this tonight and let you know. Thank you.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:25 PM   #4

Isn't it another 230cc? Why can't they make a 249? With these little bikes every bit counts...The only thing i don't like is the angle of the tank, it just looks so....odd.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNmotorider View Post
Weldandgrind will the tabs be on the wheel or sensor? I will try this tonight and let you know. Thank you.
I'm pretty sure its the same as this scooter type.
Not much info on this part but this helps. Someone should make a good video about this part, its an important piece!
I had to file some of the metal tab part down once to get it to work right

Old 05-04-2018, 10:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBGAF View Post
Isn't it another 230cc? Why can't they make a 249? With these little bikes every bit counts...The only thing i don't like is the angle of the tank, it just looks so....odd.
We never had the bike in the US, but the Magician is based on the Yamaha Tricker, so the copy has all of its design in it. My only complaint about it theoretically since I don't own one is the tank is too small--most of the Chinabikes have 3 gallon tanks, but the Magician is a little over 2 gallons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yamaha%20Tricker.jpg (34.6 KB, 240 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-05-2018, 08:07 AM   #7

Speedo Sensor working

Hey guys thanks for the feedback. Weldandgrind you were correct the tabs on the sensor were bent and in the wrong direction. These were bent down against the gear and the grease used in the sensor was not good. I removed the snap ring and disassembled. I was successful in flattening the ring, cleaned removed the crap grease and put together with nice new grease. My problem was in shipping and the wheel is missing most of the tab height to make the speed sensor operate. Luckily there is just enough there to install and test. I will have them send me a new wheel.

Talked to Q9 Powersports and they filed and claim and started my MCO/MSO process. I have to say I am very pleased with the service from them. If anyone is looking to purchase I would recommend them. I'll do another thread with pics and videos so this one is not full of questions on that subject. Put some pics below of what I thought might help others. I am not good at that type of thing but I am learning what to snap a pic of and what is useless. Thank you again everyone that offered help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2053.jpg (81.5 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2054.jpg (94.0 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2056.jpg (79.0 KB, 227 views)

Old 05-05-2018, 08:25 AM   #8

Chinabike didn't mean to forget you. thank you for looking and posting the video. I am re learning the forum thing. Been many years since I was active on a forum.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:47 AM   #9

The Magician is a great looking bike! Not sure if Motocheez has many videos of his like he does of his Hawk out there. I actually like the looks of yours better than the Tricker, based on your photo and the random photo I found. From what I understand, many parts interchange with the Tricker which probably won't do you a bit of good since the Tricker was never offered in the US. The engine is the same as the Hawk, which does help you in that department.

My only complaint about the Magician is the relatively small fuel tank. When I lived in Yuma, and was commuting year round to work on my TMEC 200, my speedo had gone out, but since I only used my bike for commuting, I knew when to fill it. It has a 3 gallon tank. I would have had to fill a Magician more often, I guess.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-05-2018, 09:05 AM   #10

Ready to Ride

Culcune, I agree with you on the tank size. Luckily for me I have about a 8 mile trek to work so not a deal breaker for me. I like the Hawk better but too short for it. Thought it would be dangerous only one foot on the ground when I am idle. I am waiting on the paperwork to tag it now. I'll run it around the property until then. I am in TN and fortunate to live in the country on my 5 acres which backs up to almost 50 acres of agricultural land that I have permission to ride. This was my largest reason for the dual sport. Kids and I have and ride 4wheelers there now. I am very blessed and do not take it for granted.
I get this thing out on the road I'll do a review and post to add to all the other reviews.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNmotorider View Post
Chinabike didn't mean to forget you. thank you for looking and posting the video. I am re learning the forum thing. Been many years since I was active on a forum.
No problem brother, Glad you figured it out.
The Magician has been intriguing me, I like the vert tank.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:55 PM   #12

my speedo broke too.

my speedo/wheel tabs too!
my problem was that the speedo gears locked up and broke everything attached, including the wheel hub studs.