Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2021, 07:47 PM   #1

Narrowed down to 2 contenders

About to pull the trigger but wanted to get some last minute advice. As there are only a few models available for purchase at this time ive narrowed down to 2 bikes:
1. Vitacci Raven 250 - $1529 at Arlingtonpowersports: aka BSR 250 - from what i read is basically a Hawk with a Brozz seat and exhaust (quiet)
2. Titan DLX - $1750 at Powersportsmax: this is an interesting one and from what i have read is a RXB250L without the adjustable suspension and no 6th gear and 229cc vs the upcoming RXB250L that will have all the goodies but sits at $2500+

I checked on the RXB250L and found that the MCO says motorcycle so should be able to register in VA as the Titan DLX will. Although i did read a commenter mentioning that the Titan DLX doesnt have a horn? if thats the case i wont pass inspection and would have to buy that as an add-on

What would you guys suggest?

I'm very comfortable with the Bashan as ive already modified my Brozz so know all that would be needed to do..and i love that it has the 21/18 wheels although the suspension and swingarm may not be as stout..but i dont jump so probably a moot point.. mostly gravel roads with some dirt hills and single track stuff
I'm also sure that the Titan is the superior bike on the dirt between the two. But how comfortable is that seat and the pegs? Can i ride it for 45 minutes plus on the road and be comfortable getting to a dirt trail?

Also.. do i have any worries buying thru either of those vendors?

Thanks guys

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 09-30-2021, 08:03 PM   #2

Have you checked https://www.txpowersports.com/ yet? They had the best total price when I bought my bike back in April. I had a good purchase experience and had no issues getting warranty parts so far.
1982 Honda Twinstar CM200

Old 09-30-2021, 08:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototech77 View Post
Have you checked https://www.txpowersports.com/ yet? They had the best total price when I bought my bike back in April. I had a good purchase experience and had no issues getting warranty parts so far.
Some people are not fond of Manny at TX, but either way, if he was to go with the Titan, Powersportsmax is the only vendor of those (the Amazon dealer selling 'XPro' anything is Powersportsmax).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-30-2021, 08:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
basically a Hawk with a Brozz seat and exhaust (quiet)
Vitacci relabels the Bashan BSR 250 aka DB-41h as the 'Raven' as you probably already know. It was meant as a 49-state EPA/DOT legal bike to go head to head with the Hawk 250, so you at least have the street-legality over the Titan. I am guessing it is more comfortable than the Titan. But, the Titan does intrigue me, and I personally would buy it over the Raven, but that is really and truly my own opinion, and not trying to steer you to one bike or the other. The Raven does have its advantages, however, and since you are familiar with Bashan might be the better bet for your purposes.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-30-2021, 10:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototech77 View Post
Thanks.. thru txp it comes to $1589, same as arlingtonpower.. $1529 plus $30 MCO and $30 liftgate service. I bought thru TXP last year for my son's DBX1 and the biggest negative was that it took a few weeks longer than i expected.

I called arlingtonpowersports and they said its about 3-5 days to process and then a week to deliver so expected mid-October.. not sure if i can bank on that, the guy i spoke to told me its made by Vitacci and not Bashan if thats any indicator

Old 09-30-2021, 10:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Vitacci relabels the Bashan BSR 250 aka DB-41h as the 'Raven' as you probably already know. It was meant as a 49-state EPA/DOT legal bike to go head to head with the Hawk 250, so you at least have the street-legality over the Titan. I am guessing it is more comfortable than the Titan. But, the Titan does intrigue me, and I personally would buy it over the Raven, but that is really and truly my own opinion, and not trying to steer you to one bike or the other. The Raven does have its advantages, however, and since you are familiar with Bashan might be the better bet for your purposes.
Thanks, yes i am intrigued by the Titan as well especially at the price point.. i was excited about the RXB250 until i found out it wont be in the US until December or so and id rather not wait that long.. also, its significantly more money.. i'm liking the $1500 price point though, tack on an exhaust for $90, a carb, jets and pod filter for another $50, chain for $40 and a spark plug for $10 (total around $1800ish) and its just about the same power as the Brozz i have now (minus the port/polish), and prob the same power as the stock Titan or a bit more and the only negative is the suspension and maybe frame not being as stout. Im thinking what i want it for it probably is the best choice

Old 10-02-2021, 08:57 PM   #7

Well, I did it! Just submitted the order on PSM for the Titan DLX this evening! After PM'ing plumpkibbles and finding out he was able to register in VA I feel reassured about it and I'm hoping that since his is registered in VA (possibly the first of its kind) that my process should go smoother and easier, with just the MCO from PSM... now hopefully that transaction goes well..
I decided on the Titan as I already have a dedicated street touring bike as well as a dual sport in the Brozz that will remain in my name legally although my son will be riding it, I'll still be able to use it if needed.. So the Titan fills that niche of having a much more capable off road bike, lighter, faster, better suspension, stronger frame.. All a win..
I selected orange as my first and second color choice and I hope they have it in stock as its such a sweet looking bike! I can't wait to be posting about it, the experience, and whatever mods I wind up doing, which i always do with every bike, some minor and other much more extensive (ie the Brozz)... stay tuned

Old 10-02-2021, 09:19 PM   #8

I am personally glad to see you picked it over the Raven. I think the Raven is similar to the Brozz which you already had, and now you can get a tad bit more serious in the offroad. BUT, this was a win-win either way.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-02-2021, 09:32 PM   #9

Thanks.. yes the Raven would have been nice with the main difference being the wheels being bigger than the Brozz, but apart from that its old hat and if anything needs quite a bit of time and effort to get it to where the Brozz is at now.. while the Titan is there and then some..
Also, as a side note.. i came super close to pulling the trigger on the Raven thru arlingtonpowersports and still doing my research on these bikes when i noticed the price changed from one day to the next, went from $1529 to $1599 and that was annoying.. I had even spoken with a rep on the day prior about delivery options and then the next day called to see if they would honor the previous days price but they would not. and then to top things off they gave me a coupon code for students to drop $35 which was a nice consolation until i went to apply it and it said "invalid code" womp womp.. I then called and they said sales would call me back but never did.. so their loss and my gain now
I'm thinking that with limited selection and a $300 sale on the Titan DLX, that it probably wont last long, so im glad i didnt wait much longer..
I also would have loved to hold out for the new RXB250L but at 40% more cost ($2600) i couldnt justify that even with the improvements.. plus the 229cc in the Titan (old RXB) is well proven and fairly easy to mod wheras i read that the new 249cc engine may be too new and less mod-friendly with available parts.

Old 10-03-2021, 07:56 PM   #10

I bet the RXB250L is worth it to someone considering a GPX/Pitster Pro or Kayo. That 249cc engine and 6-speed transmission (the Kayo actually is a 229cc with a 6-speed as they went back to the 229 from the 249) is sweet for the price vs. those two brands. I think they updated the look nicely, but their prior bike looked great as well (which is pretty much exactly what the Titan looks like).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150