Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2018, 10:49 AM   #1

2018 Hawk vs. 2018 Brozz

I see that Peace Sports will be marketing the new Brozz this month. I’ve been very enthusiastic about the Hawk and if able to register it here in Oregon (still undetermined), was ready to pull the trigger. Until, I saw the Brozz.
It looks like, for about $100 more, you trade a 21” wheel and rear disc brake for a counterbalanced motor, USD forks, digital instruments and a luggage rack. Also, it’s legal to register in all 49 states. Sorry California.
What am I missing here ? Is this a no brainer ?

Old 03-18-2018, 11:42 AM   #2

How did you find this out? I see nothing on their site. I see a 2014 brozz that says discontinued. I am interested in the 2018Brozz and I keep checking peacesports daily. Please let us know how you find this info.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:48 AM   #3

See their post on March 9th titled 2018 Brozz 250cc.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:46 PM   #4

Oh I see how it works now. They respond on this site but not their official site. I will have to try this. Thanks

Old 03-19-2018, 12:21 AM   #5

I think the Hawk is a great bike. I don't think you would really be 'settling' per se with one; it is just a slightly different perspective. The Brozz would be my choice, personally, but that is because I prefer the different carb, the less aggressive tires, the counter-balanced engine, and the street gearing, as well as the peace of mind of a DOT/EPA certificate. The Hawk has the more aggressive character of having a dirt-bike converted to a dirt bike, and the thrill/raw feel, of registering a dirt bike for the street. I would definitely consider one if I still lived in Arizona. Then again, if I had my current income and lived in Arizona, I would buy both a Brozz and a Hawk.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-19-2018, 01:59 AM   #6

^^^ I agree. The Hawk and Brozz are different animals. Want the Bashan version of the Hawk, get an Enforcer. Without stickers on them you couldn't tell them apart. The brozz, storm, and shark are intended to be more road friendly with milder off road capabilities. The Hawk and Enforcer are squarely aimed at the trails, but capable of road duty.

Some of those "perks" of the Brozz can also be pitfalls as well. The counterbalanced engines use chain drive for the oil pump because of the counter balancers gear drive. Chains stretch and fail, and it has happened to people before. The non balanced engines use a gear drive on said pump. Giving them a more durable nature by default. Those USD forks are definitely stiffer, but also have less suspension travel than the traditional forks on the Hawk/Enforcer. Not a huge thing, but something to consider if you want to hit the rougher stuff. Even the TT250, the high end Hawk with USD forks actually has less travel than a Hawk by 1.5 inches.The fork flex of the Hawk toothpicks can be remedied some with a $20 fork brace and a drill, and it makes a world of difference in the rigidity of the front end.

Honestly, just consider what you want the bike for and buy accordingly. You wont really go wrong in the end.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 03-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #7

Megadan, do you know the actual specs for the amount of fork travel on the various models you mentioned ? What about rear wheel travel ?

Old 03-19-2018, 05:56 PM   #8

Rough numbers, the fronts with USD forks have around 6.3 to 6.5 inches of travel. The Hawk and Enforcer are at, or just under 8". Rear is the same across the board at around 6.5, give or take a little.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:25 PM   #9

Megadan, thanks for those numbers. I won’t be doing any hardcore rock bashing, just fire roads and some single track through the woods, so the extra travel on the Hawk, though nice, is not really necessary.

The big draw for me is the counterbalanced motor. I agree that a chain is less reliable than a gear but have you heard of a lot of failures or, like sheared swingarm nuts, only an isolated occurrence ?

Also, have you ridden both and if so, can you notice the difference in smoothness ?

Old 03-19-2018, 08:27 PM   #10

Quote:
I see that Peace Sports will be marketing the new Brozz this month.
Yeah this is what I hear. And I have some money slap BURNING A HOLE IN MY POCKET!! I wish they would ROW THAT BOAT FASTER!! I've been waiting a while. I had the now discontinued 2014 Peace Sports Brozz. It had the same forks as the Hawk. It was / IS a fantastic bike. I gave it to my Son as a graduation gift and it is still burning up the Highway. They do indeed come with all the goodies most people put on their Hawk. But there are a few things it doesn't have going for it that the Hawk Does. Six in one hand, Half dozen in the other! As soon as Peace says they have them I will have one in my barn that very same week!

Old 03-19-2018, 08:29 PM   #11

Here is my Son's Brozz.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:46 PM   #12

I just heard from Jeffrey at Peace Sports and he quoted me $1995 delivered for a 2018 Brozz. He will contact me when the container arrives. I’ll be talking with him further this week since I have some questions.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:41 PM   #13

That 2 grand price tag may just drive me right toward a Hawk. Back when the Brozz was available they were only like 100 bucks or so more than a Hawk. IF I'm gonna go 2 grand plus I'm gonna march right on over and get an SSR XF250. I will wait till they get here and see what the price is definitely gonna be.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:00 PM   #14

The $2k price is a little steep, but that is what kept the 2014 models in their warehouse long after Kandi USA became their distributor for the later Brozz model years. I guess if they keep that price, that is a very distinct difference when comparing the Hawk to the Brozz. I do think the Brozz is worth that price, meaning the Hawk would be a good alternative if several hundred dollars means something to you, which for most of us it would. For a better comparison, the Bashan 41B (Enforcer) is much more close in price to the Hawk.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-19-2018, 10:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloman View Post
Megadan, thanks for those numbers. I won’t be doing any hardcore rock bashing, just fire roads and some single track through the woods, so the extra travel on the Hawk, though nice, is not really necessary.

The big draw for me is the counterbalanced motor. I agree that a chain is less reliable than a gear but have you heard of a lot of failures or, like sheared swingarm nuts, only an isolated occurrence ?

Also, have you ridden both and if so, can you notice the difference in smoothness ?
I jave ridden both. The counterbalanced motors are smoother, but honestly the non balanced engines arent all that bad either.

The pump chains arent entirely isolated. Not like the one and only swing arm bolt I have heard of. I have read of and heard of a few motors throwing that chain, but there are many more still running strong. Just something to be aware of.