Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2020, 03:28 PM   #1

Hawk registered in Georgia & first road ride

Today I finally was able to register and get a tag for the Hawk & take it for a ride on the road.

For those interested I registered in Cobb County, GA and this is what was required.

1. MCO signed by the dealer (this arrived weeks after my bike and I had to keep bugging them) Also, I did not have to have it notarized.

2. Bill of sale I received from the dealer with the MCO

2. VIN verification form called the T22-B. For this I called a the tag office and they gave me a number for the police specifically for VIN verification. I left a message and a couple weeks later got a call back. The next day an officer came by my house and checked the VIN & signed it.

4. The agent did ask me a series of questions about the bike regarding turn signals, engine size, horsepower. She originally thought it was a scooter.

(Edit) 5. Forgot to mention the price - it was around $160 to register.

6. Insurance proof (getting insured through Progressive was a process. Seems like they had to manually enter the info and when I received the MCO I called back and had them change a few things to match the MCO exactly.

Now for my first road ride I have a few things to figure out.

1. Front brakes are super squishy and I have to jam hard
2. Some rattling noise from the front
3. Speedo is wayyy off. And it seems I can get up to around 45 with stock gearing. Is this normal? The gearing right now seems super short but I guess thats what dirt bike gearing is.
4. Still having some rev cycles that go up and down and at one point it stalled out I had to pull to the side of the road.

I'm wondering how many miles I should go until I do the valves again? I changed out the jets and adjusted the needle to recommended tuning but this weird rev thing keeps making me think there is a vacuum leak.

Old 06-25-2020, 04:52 PM   #2

Good you got it sorted out, but I hate hearing about people waiting weeks to get their paperwork to register their bikes. Did the $160 include sales tax?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-25-2020, 05:56 PM   #3

I paid $94.74 sales tax at time of purchase + the $160 at the tag/tax office today

Old 06-25-2020, 06:08 PM   #4

Seems expensive for such a low cost vehicle. Or is that some kind of first-time fee included, and next year will be dramatically less?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-25-2020, 06:37 PM   #5

Ya, from what I understand this is a one time thing and yearly registration will be very inexpensive. Still, being able to register at my home is nice and one less thing to worry about. I was considering the Vermont route. My insurance actually went down when adding the Hawk as my third vehicle (have 1 car and 1 other motorcycle)

Old 06-26-2020, 05:55 PM   #6

I registered mine in Minnesota Today, No problem $137 salestax and and out the door i went with plate in hand. Just needed MCO, Bill of sale, and engine serial #. Piece of cake.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:07 PM   #7

I had no problems registering my bike And I’m in Douglas county. It’s cost about 140.