Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2018, 11:49 AM   #1

My experience with Superiorpowersports.com

Today I placed an order with Superior Powersports for 2 TaoTao DB27 pit bikes for my wife and me to do some light trail riding. Thanks to the folks on this forum for the reviews and advice that you’ve posted, it was very helpful.

The ongoing theme with many things made of Chinesium seems that the customer is mostly on their own after the purchase. That’s reasonable considering the ridiculously low prices for bikes and things that mostly work. Anyway the deciding factors for me on where to buy were the lowest delivered price and easiest web site.

The final 3 vendors were powersportsmax.com, powersportsdistro.com and superiorpowersports.com

Powersportsmax.com: their TaoTao bikes don’t have TaoTao listed as the manufacturer or DB 27 as the model. The customer service rep that answered my email wrote

“DB-T008 is our model. DB 27 is vendor's model. They refer to the same item.

Regards
Customer Service Team
Maxpro LLC”

Clear as mud so I’m pretty sure it was the TaoDB27 I was looking at but pretty sure isn’t enough for me to drop over $1500.

Next up was powersportsdistro.com. I found them through a YouTube channel called a- Rush. She does a great review of her TaoTaoDB17 and another video where she talks about her buying experience.

But they were about $150 more than superior and $150 buys foot pegs, handle bars, levers, carbs, locktite and fuel so they got my business.

I’ll do my best to provide updates here for anyone else who is interested.

Old 11-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #2

good luck with it! I got my hawk from superior. I can't say it was a great experience, but it was ok. my primary problem was getting the MCO paperwork. since you don't need that, I'd expect it to be a reasonable experience for you. let us know. the forum can always use the feedback good or bad.

Old 11-24-2018, 01:53 PM   #3

I had to stop watching that review after a few minutes ,she likes the bike but thinks it’s too much that she had to adjust her chain after using the bike for 8 months ,she clearly doesn’t have a clue .She also complained about the muffler coming loose because the clamp is missing the rubber ,a normal person would either replace the clamp ,or find another piece of rubber .
Since you ordered them for you and your wife ,I hope you understand the bikes are not full size bikes .

Old 11-24-2018, 07:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
I had to stop watching that review after a few minutes ,she likes the bike but thinks it’s too much that she had to adjust her chain after using the bike for 8 months ,she clearly doesn’t have a clue .She also complained about the muffler coming loose because the clamp is missing the rubber ,a normal person would either replace the clamp ,or find another piece of rubber .
Since you ordered them for you and your wife ,I hope you understand the bikes are not full size bikes .
I had seen her videos from when she first got the bike, and her only defense is that she is (was) new, but after a year, she should know better, considering there is chinariders, not to mention the same technology she is using to present her videos, surely there are others showing proper maintenance and at certain maintenance intervals!

According to Taotao's site, the DB27 and DBX1 (same bike but with a 140cc engine) have 35 inch seat heights, so height-wise are adult sized, but are considered 'pitbikes' (never been schooled on what technically makes a bike a 'pitbike' but I do know they are generally smaller than a full-size dirt bike across most all models with the one exception being the Apollo 36 which is, to my understanding, considered a pitbike).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-24-2018, 10:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Yeah, the size looks about right for our use. Mainly for my wife to learn on and for me to play around while we ride easy trails. I have an old xr250r that I also like to take out. It isn't very fast or pretty, but there aren't too many places it won't go.

Old 11-24-2018, 10:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I had seen her videos from when she first got the bike, and her only defense is that she is (was) new, but after a year, she should know better, considering there is chinariders, not to mention the same technology she is using to present her videos, surely there are others showing proper maintenance and at certain maintenance intervals!

According to Taotao's site, the DB27 and DBX1 (same bike but with a 140cc engine) have 35 inch seat heights, so height-wise are adult sized, but are considered 'pitbikes' (never been schooled on what technically makes a bike a 'pitbike' but I do know they are generally smaller than a full-size dirt bike across most all models with the one exception being the Apollo 36 which is, to my understanding, considered a pitbike).
I'm not sure about the pit bike qualification either. When I used to road race motorcycles, other guys would use their kids' little Honda 50s to get around the pits and so everyone just called those pit bikes.

Old 11-25-2018, 02:09 PM   #7

powersportsdistro.com doesn't hide DNS information if that matters.. The other two are likely alt-names for other vendors..

Tags
purchase experience, superior powersports, superiorpowersports.com, taotao db27, vendor review