Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2022, 08:46 PM   #1

Ignition screws

Hey guys i have loctite everything on my 2021 magician except the 2 screws that holds the key cylinder down now belongs to the streets. does anybody kno the size or thread? Also it looks like i have to at least take my light off to get to it possibly more? Another post some1 had saidnto put weight in the handle bars is san oldschool trick for vibrsation anyone actually implement this?

Old 05-09-2022, 09:53 PM   #2

Old 05-09-2022, 11:42 PM   #3

Before you fill your handlebars with lead you might want to buy a set of bar end weights.

It's not an "old school trick", they come standard on many new modern motorcycles. They work very well up to a point.

A Magician may be past that point.

Old 05-10-2022, 02:38 PM   #4

Ignition cylinder bolts will either be an M6 or M8. I can't entirely remember off hand. If you can dismount the cylinder, unplug it and take it to the hardware store and match it up.

Sand, Bird shot, and other such things in the handlebars is an old school method. It does work, but I have never been a fan of it. The suggestion for bar end weights is a good one. A set of alloy fatbars is also a good option as they are solid in the middle and also larger in diameter at the center. These two things alter the resonant frequency of the bars and helps fight off some vibration. Combined with bar end weights they do very well.

My last suggestion, since it seems you may have missed the memo. Buy a bottle of Loctite 242 or 243, and use it on the bolts of the bike so you won't donate any more hardware to the road gods.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-11-2022, 11:01 AM   #5

Thnks meg! Screw sizes ty! I kno i missed the pain in the butt bolts for locktighting like these ignition screws on the underside that connect the key cyclender to the housing but its such a pain i have to discconect the headlight snd move some wires around. Got the magician bacause i like being agile, but makes everything a pain even the carb. Everythings shoved in there
Btw caught one of ur youtubes finally. Quality stuff gj!

Old 05-12-2022, 10:51 AM   #6

Update

I csnnot get to the screws in the underside of the ignition cylinder. Only one phillips screw stil in but when the two halves of the ignition come apart i lose my lights and some and ignition like the halves have to be in contact with eachother to work? I will prob nevrr find the right screw for it. Can i just replace with aftermarket ignition and gauges? Do they even sell oem ignitions for magicians in general? Advice please

Old 05-12-2022, 05:02 PM   #7

Orion powersports have the ignition on thier website.