Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2014, 10:00 PM   #1

Should I? wild fire WFG-200LDB

I found a 2008 wild fire wfg-200ldb on Craig's list and I wonder if it's a good deal?
There is a title issue but assuming it's not stolen I THINK I can take care of it relatively easily.
I've already talked to the guy and it needs a piston and cylinder, maybe ahead too.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/4636836403.html

Old 08-28-2014, 10:25 PM   #2

Curious as to why a bike with only 208 miles needs a new piston or top end. These motors are usually bulletproof. I would be tempted if the rest of the bike looks ok, though. Ask lots of questions to get a feel for how honest the seller is. I believe you can get the parts needed for cheap if it's only the top end.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 08-28-2014, 11:02 PM   #3

Engines are relatively cheap for these since the bikes, especially from '08 are essentially the same frame, etc. However, look for running bikes with 200's, including pure dirt bikes. It might depend on what part of the country you live in, however. I peruse the Los Angeles Craiglist alot, and many Chinese enduros are cheap there because California has additional smog rules and most of these bikes cannot be plated so people get rid of them for cheap.

Here is an example of bikes simply putting in 200cc in the search bar:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/search/mca?query=200cc

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-28-2014, 11:53 PM   #4

In the Kansas city area most people are listing both used Chinese scooters and motorcycles for more than new drop shipped prices (some times double). It's kind of crazy if you ask me.

The current owner bought it to fix and flip then found about the title issue and decided just to dump it. The story he told me, a kid bought it used from a car dealership and filled out the title as the buyer then blew the motor before he sent the title in to get it in his name. The kid then sold it off for next to nothing to a guy who sold it to the guy currently selling it on craigslist. So the bike has a title that needs to mailed in with a $250 fine for it being late for it to be registered to the kid then have the kid sign it over to me. OR I could "find" an "abandoned vehicle" and fill out the paperwork wait for the "owner" (the dead guy who used to own the used car shop) to have a chance to pay a storage fee (set by me, the finder of the abandoned vehicle) and claim the bike. Does any of that make sense?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth the title hastle.
Let's pretend that there isn't a title issue. According to the seller, everything but the engine is just like new, no rips in the seat no cracks in the plastic, it's all shiny and new.
Would you buy the bike?

Old 08-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #5

I would avoid that bike like the plague. If it is even possible to clean up the title, it will cost you $250. Add another $250 for the bike, and you are paying $500 for used Chinese bike with a blown top end. I imagine the bottom end of the engine will probably have damage as well. You can easily find much better deals than that.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-29-2014, 06:18 PM   #6

SpudRider, it seems to me like all the running bikes I've seen , Chinese or otherwise, bottom out around $1000 regardless or age or condition. Most of the Japanese bikes in that price range don't really look safe.

The seller told me to call around 4 today and he'd be at his shop where the bike is so he could give me the vin. Guess who just happened to forget to write the vin down and wasn't at the shop when I called just after 4. I'll probably just pass on this deal, any suggestions as to what Chinese brands are good and which ones aren't?

Old 08-29-2014, 09:02 PM   #7

I would not bother with that unless you want it for parts.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2ride View Post
SpudRider, it seems to me like all the running bikes I've seen , Chinese or otherwise, bottom out around $1000 regardless or age or condition. Most of the Japanese bikes in that price range don't really look safe.

The seller told me to call around 4 today and he'd be at his shop where the bike is so he could give me the vin. Guess who just happened to forget to write the vin down and wasn't at the shop when I called just after 4. I'll probably just pass on this deal, any suggestions as to what Chinese brands are good and which ones aren't?
You can order a new Bashan 250, or a new TMEC 200. Check out the following threads.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13950

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13708

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894