Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2019, 11:03 PM   #1

Need some information on the vader gen2

I just bought a vader gen2 from kronik racing and i heard i need to change the fuel lines to silicone but what size do i use? and whats a good oil to start the bikes life on?

Old 08-07-2019, 11:39 PM   #2

I just bought a Vader Gen 1 from Kronik Racing. I checked over all the fuel lines when I first got my bike, and I already purchased a 3' package of fuel line just for this purpose. The fuel lines on my bike looked fresh, and werent dry. They felt good to the touch, and no cracks or discoloring. I use 5/32 tygon fuel tubing on all of my bikes. Anything tygon, or neoprene 5/32 to 1/4 should be fine. For oil, I used 10w40 Valvoline with wet clutch protection. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Valvoline...Quart/16879749
First oil should be non-synthetic. Synthetic oil is almost too slick. The engine doesnt wear in as quick, and is not recommended for the first 300-500 miles. Future oil changes can be done with full synthetic for great engine life and best performance.
Talking to long time bike owners, and this is the general idea for air cooled engines.
Fill with non-synthetic wet clutch oil.
1st oil change at 200 miles with non-synthetic
2nd oil change at 500 miles with synthetic
Change oil every 500 miles with synthetic
Always 10w40 to 15w40 with wet clutch protection.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:41 PM   #3

3/16" fuel line : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motion-Pro-...ss!32420!US!-1

that link is for clear, but you can get it in transparent red , blue, and yellow also .

any 15w 30 or 40 that is approved for wet clutch use is fine, synthetic is what they recommend but i run Rotella non-synth i think it gives a better clutch feel and performance.

and yeah the stock chinese fuel lines will start to flake internally really fast due to the ethanol in US gas ,whatever it is they make the stock fuel lines with just does not tolerate the ethanol well at all ,while silicone based fuel line is impervious to ethanol .
2020 Orion RXB250L