Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2019, 04:37 PM   #1

Plz help

I have a 2018 vip scooter with roughly 8,600 miles on it. It was originally a 50cc. I installed a 100cc bore kit about 3 months ago. It had been running fine until it got stolen and when I got it back. Now I don't have the acceleration I had it feels like its back to a 50cc motor. It also used to run 40 mph at around 7000 or 7500 rpms. Now when running 40 mph its tacking around 9500 rpms. I am thinking that could be my valves are out of adjustment again. I adjusted them once already but this was before I installed the bore kit. Does this sound like the cause of the problem?

I am also having a issue when I am at half throttle or full throttle. Something is slipping causing the scooter to lose power to the rear wheel. But it will eventually catch. I was wondering how to determine if it was a bad variator, a stretched belt, if the clutch is slipping. Or if it could be something behind the clutch and variator. Assuming that would have to be rear gears. Thank you any advise is appreciated.