Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #1

Doh! Df250 rtc

So I got hold of this 2011 DF250 RTC. Guy said it only had 162 miles on it, and I got a good deal (?) on it. However, it looks like it was at least dropped once.

Just replaced throttle cable, idle screw, and cleaned out the carb. She's running great, but now the turn signals don't work.

Headlights work fine. Brake lights work fine. Just no turn signals. Bulbs look good.

Help!!!!!!

Old 10-12-2015, 06:03 PM   #2

Welcome

Couple quick things to check. Some of the turn signals have a 'reset/cancel' position. The button should slide left and right and some some have a 'push/press' position used to turn off/cancel the signals yourself.

Also on China bikes the turn signals come with excruciatingly loud beepers. Most owners tamper with the turn signal flasher box to disable the beep. Previous owner may have gotten carried away with disabling the obnoxious beeping so check out your turn signal flasher control box.

/

Old 10-12-2015, 06:31 PM   #3

Welcome!

The PO may have deleted the box entirely. There are two types of beeper boxes I'm aware of; one uses the same connector as a standard flasher, and the other has several wires connected to it. I've had experience with the latter. If you find many wires (vs two) connected to your flasher, let me know.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer