Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2018, 06:34 PM   #1

Assembly help

I bought a dB-x18 online and had it shipped in without assembly. Two questions. My rear shock is about 3mm too far to the left when I go to mount it to the swing arm. I can easily move it over to make it fit by hand, but seems odd. Should I be worried about that?

Second question, my handlebar mounts, I can’t get them apart in order to place the bar in. It’s like they were sealed with loctite or something. Is that normal? I feel like I would need to place them into a vice and really torque the top Allen bolts in order to get them out. Am I going to break them?

Thanks for any help

Old 10-12-2018, 01:53 AM   #2

On my rear shock, I installed washers to shim it in the lower perch. I don't remember if the handle bar bolts were installed, or if they where in the box with all the rest of the parts. I would imagine if you sat on the bike, and tried to loosen the bolts they would come loose. Are you using and Allen wrenches, or are you using the Allen with a 3/8 ratchet bit? If you are using a wrench I would suggest using the Allen that you can attach to a ratchet, because you'll get more leverage.

Old 10-12-2018, 12:07 PM   #3

Also try heating them up, locktite releases when warm. Heat gun or torch will work, just be very careful if using a torch. Even if no locktite was used heating will still help to get your bolts out.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 10-12-2018, 08:34 PM   #4

Thanks for the suggestions, yea the mounts were in a bag with the allen bolts already screwed in. Like the top and bottoms were already together and sealed tight tight tight. I'll try heating and using a ratchet. I mean they have to come apart to place on the handlebars. I have no idea why they would be sealed so tight.