Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 01:59 AM   #1

Need Advice on Maintaining a Chinese Motorcycle for Long Distance Touring

Hello there,

I am planning to buy a Chinese motorcycle for long distance touring and would greatly appreciate your advice on the best models; maintenance tips; and general experiences.

I have been researching various Chinese motorcycle brands and models but still feel uncertain about which one would be most suitable for long-distance touring. I am looking for a bike that is reliable; comfortable for extended rides; and has a decent fuel economy. Some models I have considered are the CSC RX3; the Bashan Brozz; and the Lifan KPM 200. Do any of you have experience with these models; or can you recommend other bikes that would meet my needs?

One of my main concerns is the availability of spare parts and the ease of maintenance. How easy is it to find parts for Chinese motorcycles; particularly when traveling in remote areas?

Are there any specific maintenance tips or common issues that I should be aware of to ensure the bike remains in good condition during long trips?

Also If there is any personal experiences regarding the performance and durability of Chinese motorcycles over long distances. How well do they handle different terrains and weather conditions?

Are there any modifications or upgrades that you recommend to enhance the bike’s performance for touring?

Also, I have gone through this post: https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30663uipath which definitely helped me out a lot.

I am looking for reliable resources, whether they be online forums; YouTube channels; or local clubs; where I can find support and advice for owning and maintaining a Chinese motorcycle.

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.

Old Today, 03:44 AM   #2

Where in the world is this tour?
Is highway speed required?
Will you be using roadside accommodation or tenting it?

How long do you intend to travel?

Tags
advise, bike, chinese bikes, motorcycles in china