Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2011, 03:31 AM   #1

Fried my 150, any tips?

Hey folks,

I was parking the TT 150 this evening and was feeling pretty good about the little machine until I noticed one of the headlights was out. Ouch. It's new, but figured it was just a cheap bulb that popped after a few hours.

The 150B has 4 headlights. Each headlight has the same bulb (as far as I can tell), but the two outer lights have extra dimples in the rear reflectors to make them "hi beam."(see pics in my review, posted under reviews) One of the "low" beams was gone, and after removing the bulb and replacing it with a better one I discovered it was actually electrical.

So, I isolated it down to the wire that runs to the bulb. I started examining the connections and got to the bulb end of the wire when the wire shorted out (it got very hot).

SO - now the ATV is dead - with the switch on nothing works. The battery is fine. I thought maybe a fuse is blown but I can't find a fuse anywhere. Now that the whole thing is dead I don't know where to start.

Any tips? Would be greatly appreciated. The wiring is such a rats nest I feel totally intimidated and I'm hoping I fried something easy to fix.

Jacob

Old 08-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #2

There should be a fuse that is reasonably accessable, under the seat, behind a side panel or near the battery.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #3

Thanks

Yep, that was it. Found a round fuse buried in the nest of wires running under the seat. I'm thinking I at least have to tape up a lot of those wires, and I have 1 connection so far that needs to be completely replaced. Cheers!