Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2020, 05:47 PM   #1

Brozz 250 new aftermarket exhaust install

One of my better installs and up to my old tricks with the heat shield that works well for me.

Installing aftermarket exhaust is slightly a task where the install needs some modification to avoid from having the exhaust pipe come in contact with the stock air box. Some have removed the stock air box and installed a POD filter right on the carb intake. I chose to keep the existing stock air box and modify the installation route of the new exhaust by doing some easy alterations. The end result is the pipe mounts on the bike well and the air box is protected from being melted. When going from the stock muffler to aftermarket, the carb will need to be rejet because the bike will run too lean on the new pipe. A popular carb is the VM26 30mm carb. Be sure to buy the jet kit as well. At 1300 feet elevation. I adjusted the new VM26 carb to a 110 main jet. The idle mix I have it set to 3 full turns out. I also moved the needle clip one step lower from stock position. This is a good fit starting out at my location. Lower elevation would require a higher main jet. I also disabled the air injector that worked on the original exhaust to keep the bike from running lean on deceleration. The header mounting plate on the new exhaust will need the holes enlarged to 1/2 inch diameter. I had no problem drilling the holes out using cobalt step drill bit at a slow drill speed rpm of 560rpm. Go slow and use some cutting fluid to keep the heat down. I also fabricated my own heat shield to further protect the air box from heat and it effectively works! I layered the top of the metal shield with two layers of fiberglass tape and one layer underneath using epoxy. The rear of the exhaust pipe mounts well to the existing hand grab bar mount on the frame. I used the spacer from the new exhaust and three washers to help clear the frame and line of the pipe to attach the spring connector. Using this mounting location is a good exit point of the exhaust flow so it doesn't melt any plastics like the turn signal or license plate bracket etc. The new pipe just clears the clutch lever. To do this setup, purchase a 1 1/4 OD muffler pipe from Amazon like the link I have listed. Also, purchase some fence post pipe from Home Depot. The OD is about 1.18 inches (30mm). Cut the Home Depot pipe to 3 1/2 long and the pipe from Amazon at least 4 1/2 inches long for adjustment purposes. Assemble like shown in the pics below. I put the pics on my web.

https://radpaul.weebly.com/brozz-and-hawk-250.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaaaaa.jpg (157 Bytes, 336 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0804.jpg (157 Bytes, 339 views)
File Type: jpg sssss.jpg (157 Bytes, 408 views)