Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2018, 08:51 AM   #1

TT250 vs Tmec 200xt your opinions on comparision

Im considering these two bikes they are roughly the same price I think i can get the Tmec for $2000 out the door tagged 1year. TT250 shipped will cost about the same but plus tagging. But i kinda like the looks of the tt250 more (white/flat black/orange decals) the tmec one i like is black with orange decals. So looks wise goes to TT250 but tmec looks good enough that looks aren't everything. Tmec looks like it's built a little tougher but looks can be deceiving. Id like everyone's opinions on comparison of the two. I sat on both and and tmec is taller (toes, almost flat foot) and the used tt250 sat on im completely flat foot with slight bend in knees. Tmec felt heavier but specs say its only 271lbs and the tt250 is 309lbs probably just feels that way due to height.

Comparisons on
Horsepower
top speed
handling (on and off road comparisons)
durability
ease of parts
suspension
reliability
and any other comparison you would like to add

Old 06-29-2018, 09:54 AM   #2

I had two TMECs, and while I loved both of them, and got quite a lot of use out of them commuting 33 miles daily, year round, I would lean towards the TT250 if I was to pick up another bike. The TMEC's 196cc engine had quite a bit of power, and the seat was VERY comfortable. One gripe, since I was commuting, was the lack of available rear sprockets; I had to order mine from England, and the lowest numerical JT Sprocket was a 48 tooth. The plus was it comes stock with a 17 countersprocket. The TMEC uses an oddball hub, which is based on a few bikes such as the Derbi Senda 125 and Yamaha XT125 (street version we never had in the US, as well as a few others that never made it our way. The TT250 uses sprockets you can find based on the Honda XL185 or thereabouts meaning you have numerous ones to choose from--39 tooth, 40 tooth, 41....etc.; you get the picture!

You might have to change the seat on the TT for comfort, but the fact that they assemble it, and PDI it, again--TT250. Times have changed, and the TMEC is no longer the 'better' Chinese enduro choice. Buy the TT and don't look back.

CSC is a unique brand in that they stock parts, and have sorted out the bikes they import and rebrand as CSC. Oh yeah--both bikes do use Zongshen engines (TMEC uses a Zongshen OEM'd 196cc) which are as high quality as Lifan's products putting them at the top of the Chinese heap.

Personally, I can pretty much only buy CSC's bikes since I now live in California and the only Chinese enduros CARB legal here are CSC's TT250 and SSR's XF250, but if I moved back to Yuma, AZ, I would still buy the TT250 over the TMEC, unless I could get a great deal on a TMEC (I used to have a line in with the original distributor who have conceded distributorship to Sunright). Again--TT250 would be my suggestion.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-29-2018, 11:04 AM   #3

If for no other reason I'd go with CSC because of parts availability.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:07 PM   #4

suspension

The brief time i was on both bikes and they werent right after the other so just goin on memory. but i feel like the Tmec had stiffer better suspension and the tt250 had mor sloppy suspension. I will be having my wife on back at times also on and off road so will one work better than the other for this. how is the tmec 15 mph faster also with less horspower and motor size. Can the tt250 suspension be stiffened in front and raised or stiffened in back also to keep sag down to minimum.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel_1978 View Post
The brief time i was on both bikes and they werent right after the other so just goin on memory. but i feel like the Tmec had stiffer better suspension and the tt250 had mor sloppy suspension. I will be having my wife on back at times also on and off road so will one work better than the other for this. how is the tmec 15 mph faster also with less horspower and motor size. Can the tt250 suspension be stiffened in front and raised or stiffened in back also to keep sag down to minimum.
The TT250 has adjustable fork and shock preload, so yes, it can be stiffened to adjust for rider sag, and should be.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-29-2018, 07:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel_1978 View Post
how is the tmec 15 mph faster also with less horspower and motor size.
That is an advertising exaggeration. The TMEC comes with a 17 countersprocket and with the 48 rear I bought for mine, she would hit about 65-70. In fact, one Saturday, when I still lived in Yuma, I rode my new TMEC to a professional development at the community college. On the way home, purposely took the interstate for several miles which is marked at 65. I was keeping up with/passing cars at times on the freeway. I exited, rode the few miles towards my home, and got into a left hand turn lane waiting for the green arrow--it was a double turn lane--I was in the outer turn lane. An SUV got into the inside lane; the light turned green, we both turned, and the woman proceeded to change lanes in the middle of the turn, forcing me into between her Yukon and the curb. Needless to say, I broke my collarbone and had a hairline fracture on my right elbow, as well as a rib or two. I ended up riding it kinda crashed, 33 miles a day round trip year round for the next 13 months once I healed! Heck, I still have it at my house in Yuma, minus the 17/17 street wheel/tire combo my friend at Excalibur used to offer them with (loved the street setup) because I sold them to a member here.

I think CSC is a little more honest with their advertised top speed, but that will be improved with a 40-45 tooth rear.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-30-2018, 09:49 PM   #7

I went with the tt250 mainly because i found a 2016 that wasnt running for sale and i got it running and offered $900 and they took it. but feel free to keep this going and giving your opinions for future enthusiast.