Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #1

upgrades

so ive put on my new chain DID 428 standard 102 links, preformance cdi, monster muffler and pz30 mikuni carb.I also got an aftermarket air filter(ill find part # later) which has an aluminum end so cramming into the battery box is a non issue and everything has gone well except when reinstalling the carb? Im about half throttle i can rev it up but its too high to ajust with the idle screw. I got a new main jet 110 and reset the needle to second from bottom ring.Waynev, i remember you telling me if i put something on wrong id be a full throttle(cant remember what) but i can still rev higher so i think im around 1/2 or 3/4? the throttle cable is on fine and the slides on right. is my cable too short i didnt have a problem with the stock carb and i think there the same? any help is appreciated and thanks again for the parts waynev

Old 06-01-2010, 08:36 PM   #2

Pull the rubber back from the end of the throttle cable at the top of the carb and make sure the steel part on the end of the cable is seated all the way down, if you put it in backwards it would almost be full throttle, the slide has a cutout on the one side, that should face the air filter.
Thanks for taking the time to drive over, it was nice meeting you, i'm finally thinning out my parts supply, your next W&G.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #3

does the metal piece slide over the cable? if so it is on correctly i dont have the air filter on yet and have no idea where the idle or air fuel screws are adjusted to. also with the boot up i can pull the whole cable to rev?it definatly not full throttle but almost. turning the idle screw didnt help much and the throttle feels ok but tight?

Old 06-01-2010, 09:33 PM   #4

Make sure the cable looks like this at the carb before you push the boot down

NOT like this

For reference

Your air/fuel screw is the green arrow and should be about 1.5 turns out if you replaced the pilot to the 22.5 that i gave you

Your idle screw is the red arrow, adjust it to get a nice smooth low speed idle

Other than that you should be able to pull the cable out of the top of the carb with about 1" of bare cable showing if everything is correct, since your filter is off you should be able to make sure the slide is going all the way down, in hindsight i should have opened the package and replaced the pilot for you and explained the whole setup involved to swap the carb out.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #5

ok thanks its at work with the welder so ill have to wait till tomorrow.oh yeah i also got a t2 on autcion for 390 so ill have it by the end of the week too i think next i gotta get those shocks you have, they were sweet

Old 06-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYE
ok thanks its at work with the welder so ill have to wait till tomorrow.oh yeah i also got a t2 on autcion for 390 so ill have it by the end of the week too i think next i gotta get those shocks you have, they were sweet
Yeah, i noticed there is none of those shocks on auction lately and i sold off my spare set already, the T2 should be nice, if it works as good as my T1 you'll be happy, it's probably going to be a better size for your GF anyways. NGK CR7HSA spark plug and a new chain for the T2 and maybe the CDI and shocks should be all it will need.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #7

OK, EVERYTHINGS GOOD NOW THE CABLE NEEDED ADJUSTMENT. THESE UPGRADES ARE AWESOME THE T2 HASENT ARRIVED YET.WHAT DO I NEED TO TAKE TO THE MTO TO GET A PLATE? I WANT TO GO RIDE SOME BIG TRAILS BUT THERE ALL PARROLED

Old 06-04-2010, 05:59 PM   #8

When you get your T2 you can go into "my gio" and enter the VIN #, once you do that it allows you to print off a NVIS and CoO sheet, while i haven't attempted it yet, john at GIO says to print it off on good quality paper and sign it.

Glad to hear the upgrades are working for you, i guess it was worth the long drive to my place.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #9

A word of caution, don't use the NVIS and Cert of Origin that comes with the machine, in the box. They where not accepted by the bureau here in Ontario. Was told to get the right ones and that "Gio should know that by now" as they have had the same thing happen several times already.

Use the gio site like waynev said. I rooted through my bookshelf at work and found some thicker chapter dividers in an old three ring binder manual. I carefully clipped off the chapter number tabs that stick out the side and printed them off in my laser printer with the paper setting to card stock. The bureau didn't seem to mind the three punch holes in them either. Of course I went to a different bureau second time around. It reminded me of high school, doctoring up my old drivers license so I could get beer!

PS: I used the dividers because the "nice paper" at the office supply store way too pricey for two sheets. Something like $26.00 or there abouts. Didn't need 50 sheets.
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 06-05-2010, 03:08 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainsquishy
Use the gio site like waynev said. I rooted through my bookshelf at work and found some thicker chapter dividers in an old three ring binder manual. I carefully clipped off the chapter number tabs that stick out the side and printed them off in my laser printer with the paper setting to card stock. The bureau didn't seem to mind the three punch holes in them either. Of course I went to a different bureau second time around. It reminded me of high school, doctoring up my old drivers license so I could get beer!
That was too funny!

I think that you and I went to different schools together.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #11

OK, thanks for the headsup. id like to get them both plated. the t2 came today looks pretty cool tires are nice front AND rear disk breaks are also a step up. I know to change the oil and brake fluid but is anyone aware if that gel pack is in the tank? i know it is in the beast and caused many problems any other tips are appreciated thanks oh yeah ill post some pics soon but my camera (and tv) need fix but i dont seem to care now i got these.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:10 AM   #12

Re: upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYE
I also got an aftermarket air filter(ill find part # later) which has an aluminum end so cramming into the battery box is a non issue.
Still waiting... :P

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #13

oops, the air filter is a xs preformance 42mm oval pod filter. part#15-0033, it looks good and fits ok but you will nee to take an exacto blade to trim some rubber down so it dosent interfear with the choke operation.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:21 AM   #14

NVIS and CoO sheets

I went to the MY GIO site but I could not find anywhere to enter VIN numbers for the NVIS and CoO sheets. :?: Please help .

Old 06-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #15

Re: NVIS and CoO sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaslo
I went to the MY GIO site but I could not find anywhere to enter VIN numbers for the NVIS and CoO sheets. :?: Please help .
Welcome, when your in "MYGIO" look at the orders you have placed, on the right there should be a blue "VIN #", click on that and you can enter your VIN number and then links will appear for the NVIS and CoO so you can print them off.
I did just notice on an order that a placed for my buddy had 2 mini ATV's on it and i don't see the "VIN#" link, but on my next order that included my 250cc X31 the link is there to enter the VIN, you may have to e-mail GIO if it is not showing up.