Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2011, 01:55 AM   #1

Rebel T3 cracked intake manifold

It's been running like crap, so I pulled the carb and intake manifold/pipe. Installed a new Chikuni that I rejetted to 25 pilot and 110 main. Problem is, I found a hairline crack in the intake pipe, all the way through at points. Tried gooping it up with JB Weld, but as soon as I reinstalled it, it cracked all the way through. Left it on, and gooped it with black auto silicone sealant, at least it will seal it.

Marked in red where it cracked, extends around the other side as well. It may have been like this from day one, who knows. Problem is, it needs to be replaced, as I doubt there is any way to weld up this pot metal. Anyone have a source for one of these?

EDITED TO ADD: while messing around, decided to tighten the chain. At which point I noticed the rear sprocket was about ready to fall off. All bolts extremely loose, one had fallen out. I guess this spring I will be pulling this thing completely apart, installing grease fittings where necessary, new bearings, and locktite every bolt...

Old 02-13-2011, 02:21 AM   #2

WOW thats not good.

I had to build an intake manifold for my china-blaster (aka. Blastard) it works but I suspect it has a small leak(slight surging problem) but it is very heavy, so heavy I expect it to pull/strip the bolts holding it to the cylinder.
I may try making a rubber mount at the carb end to help support it.

Blastard runs excellent right now except for the slight surging at idle.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #3

On a quest to find a replacement.
FYI - I have bought parts from this place in the past, when I was importing pocktbikes. They seem to have a good selection, and the prices aren't bad:
http://www.scooterparts4less.com

Old 02-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #4

INTAKE PIPE

There are lots of places to buy the new part.. I would not waste my time playing with this.. as some of that junk could get sucked into the cylinder and scratch it up or get stuck in the valves.. Stop before you do more damage as you are also sucking in dirty air... the part should be cheap and it might help to buy 1 as a spare.. you could either do the EBAY thing or just buy it from GIO.. PLEASE post where you did buy it from to help others

Old 02-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterVS
On a quest to find a replacement.
FYI - I have bought parts from this place in the past, when I was importing pocktbikes. They seem to have a good selection, and the prices aren't bad:
http://www.scooterparts4less.com
Site above doesn't ship to Canada.
Found one on eBay from allstarsalez, which I believe is Gio's eBay store, for $47 shipped.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #6

ALLSTARS

yes that is GIO.. please post the part # or item #.. I am a dealer and I would like to see my price as I would stock a couple of these.. the shipping is no problems as they would just throw it in with my orders.. so it would really not cost to ship a couple of them.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #7

Re: ALLSTARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY
yes that is GIO.. please post the part # or item #.. I am a dealer and I would like to see my price as I would stock a couple of these.. the shipping is no problems as they would just throw it in with my orders.. so it would really not cost to ship a couple of them.
This is the eBay item #: 150277493477

You know, I swore a number of years ago that I was never going to buy one of these junk Chinese quads again. Funny what you notice when you are just changing the oil:

First one is pretty obvious, second two are frame cracks, either part or all the way around. But I won't know until I strip the g****m thing down, grind off the paint, buy a welder, learn how to weld, etc. etc.

"you must have been riding it hard, doing jumps...." - this thing has been babied, no jumps, no rough stuff.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #8

Bummer. :(

Are the cracks at weld points? Jim's swingarm was cracked right at the weld.

If I was going to buy a 110 MIG today, it would be this one: http://www.eastwood.com/mig-welder-1...5a-output.html Variable voltage control (very nice feature) and an excellent price. Search for videos of one in action on Youtube.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #9

I hope my china-blaster (AKA: blastard) holds up better than that.

I plan to beat it hard this summer to give it a good shakedown test.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #10

Here's a good one:

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-14-2011, 11:15 PM   #11

Ebay, you can find those intake manifolds all day long on ebay for very cheap. I think I've seen then on buy it now auctions for 30 or less with shipping

Old 04-11-2011, 09:22 PM   #12

Re: ALLSTARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterVS
You know, I swore a number of years ago that I was never going to buy one of these junk Chinese quads again. Funny what you notice when you are just changing the oil:

First one is pretty obvious, second two are frame cracks, either part or all the way around. But I won't know until I strip the g****m thing down, grind off the paint, buy a welder, learn how to weld, etc. etc.

"you must have been riding it hard, doing jumps...." - this thing has been babied, no jumps, no rough stuff.
Per picture above - it is now completely broken through, on both sides now. I bolted on some semi-circular plates underneath, drilling holes through the frame. I think I understand why the frame broke - whatever metal these frames are made of, my drill bit went through like nothing. Pot metal...

Old 04-11-2011, 11:50 PM   #13

T3 INTAKE PIPE

Intake pipe is about $20.00 plus shipping.. for this pipe from me

Old 04-12-2011, 12:32 AM   #14

crap man if the frame is that soft i highly suggest for your safety a frame swap..

i was worried about the metal on my frame untill i started having to drill holes to relocate some things during my rebuild.. it took forever for my drill bits to get through it.. i even broke 4 of my 10 drill bits from harbor freight inside of 4 minutes of drilling.. had to go to walmart at 4am to get some skill metal drill bits..

Old 04-12-2011, 12:48 AM   #15

Amazing. I can't believe that the Beast is that much stronger. I've punished mine, it it keeps on tickin'. That said, the rear axle setup on a Beast is junk; I'd much rather have the setup from a T3.