Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2011, 12:52 AM   #1

Newbie. zongshen enduro or the Lifan enduro?? please..

Hello guys, im looking into purchasing either a Zongshen Seirra or a Lifan Enduro. I live near a dealer in tampa that sells the Zongshen seirra for $1495. The Lifan i have seen on the internet for the same price. Please just let me know you opion on what you guys think would good. Im leaning towards Zongshen just cause there is a dealer close by. Thanks for any help... :o)

Old 02-16-2011, 02:56 AM   #2

Re: Newbie. zongshen enduro or the Lifan enduro?? please..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs91882
Hello guys, im looking into purchasing either a Zongshen Seirra or a Lifan Enduro. I live near a dealer in tampa that sells the Zongshen seirra for $1495. The Lifan i have seen on the internet for the same price. Please just let me know you opion on what you guys think would good. Im leaning towards Zongshen just cause there is a dealer close by. Thanks for any help... :o)
Welcome to these forums; we are glad you joined us! Both bikes are good motorcycles; your choice depends a lot on how you wish to use the bike. In stock form, the Lifan will be better suited for off road use, mainly because it has standard-size wheels. In stock form, the Zong is a good supermoto bike, but you won't be able to purchase a knobby tire for the unconventional, 15-inch, rear wheel. If you wish to learn more about the Zong, you might enjoy reading the threads in the "Zong Sticky," located at the top of this forum.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=8673

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-16-2011, 08:18 AM   #3

I vote for the Zong

Old 02-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #4

X2. Go fo the Zong.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #5

Location: Wheeling, WV native currently living In Natchitoches, LA
Send a message via AIM to BrianW
Re: Newbie. zongshen enduro or the Lifan enduro?? please..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs91882
Welcome to these forums; we are glad you joined us! Both bikes are good motorcycles; your choice depends a lot on how you wish to use the bike. In stock form, the Lifan will be better suited for off road use, mainly because it has standard-size wheels. In stock form, the Zong is a good supermoto bike, but you won't be able to purchase a knobby tire for the unconventional, 15-inch, rear wheel. If you wish to learn more about the Zong, you might enjoy reading the threads in the "Zong Sticky," located at the top of this forum.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=8673

Spud
I completely agree with Spud. I have owned both bikes and they are both great. If you wish to ride off-road (I was nervous venturing onto gravel roads with the Zong) the Lifan is the way to go. If you wish to stick primarily to the pavement, the Zong is a better choice.

I still own my Lifan with nearing 10,000 miles. Never had any problems with it.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #6

Thanks for the replys. I look forward to being pretty active on these boards and love all the stuff you guys have been saying about your bikes. I live in Tampa Fl area. I would be using my bike to commute in city to school and also want to do a little bit of trail riding if possible too. Overal i will be using my bike on the roads more to maybe venture to the beach or something .Then again i might find some cool little places to ride along the way off road.. OH what a choice

Old 02-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #7

Welcome to the forum!

The Lifanoid is a good bike but the Zong is head and shoulders above it, no comparison. :P

As has been stated the Zong is not an off road capable machine as delivered. Spud has found a dualsport tire for it's odd sized rear wheel but a custom 18 inch Spudwheel (if Brother Spud is still making them) is a superior option.

For on road use the Zong is good to go as delivered.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #8

Doc, ya i like the zongshen bike. Now the dealer is telling me he is having a hard time getting them in beacuse his distributor has none right now. It may be awhile before he gets some in. He is telling me the Qlink is a great bike and i should look into that. Its a bit more pricer though. Anyone ever ridden a qlink? Its looks nice, but hopefully its reliable

Old 02-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #9

zong

I do NOT know much about either - But I do know that the guys here know thier bikes, so if they say ZONG - I say Zong! Happy Riding!

Old 02-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #10

My Qlink

Just did this to my Qlink XF200

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...402&highlight=

Andrew

Old 02-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #11

JTC, where did you get your bike from? The dealer here in fl wants 2500 for the same bike. Im looking to spend hopefully no more than 1700.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #12

I am an expert. I've owned 2 Q's, my best friend Roger owns one now, my buddy Andy is a Q dealer. I have also owned 2 Zongs, and a Lifanoid. My buddy Ron still has a Lifanoid.

For a dualsport mount, the Q is the best as delivered by a wide margin. It is identical in all practical aspects to the Suzuki DR200SE, and because it is built in the same factory by the same company, every bit as good. I sold mine last week to buy a KLX, but I loved that troublefree bike. None of the Q's I've worked with have been any trouble at all.

It is the best deal in motorcycling.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #13

Doc i sent you a message, maybe u have some info on your dealer friend. thanks

Old 02-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #14

His name is Andy. His shop is Canyon Country Cycle. (509) 737-0201.

When I was there last week he still had a white 2009 XP200. Brand new. $1,600 IIRC....

Tell him Dr. Bill told you to call. :wink:

Old 02-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #15

Thank you Dr Bill!!