Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #1

More difficulties getting a response from Gio - NVIS and reg

A few years ago I bought FOUR bikes from John at Gio Bikes (then Giovanni). When it came time to put a plate on them for trail use, I had some difficulty with registration because I didn't have the import forms.

I got in touch with John D at Gio, and was told that he would send out the forms in a month or two as he was too busy to help me at that time. Perturbed, I let it go as the bikes were primarily to be used on private property and wouldn't require plates.

I never did receive the paperwork.

Now a few years later I am selling the bikes, and I fully expect that the new owners will want to register them and will require the proper paperwork. I emailed John about this.

I got a response right away, which was a pleasant surprise - but unfortunately the instructions didn't apply to me as an Ebay purchaser.

Quote:
Hello Matt,

Please login to your MyGIO account, scroll down to order number that has item(s) that you need documentation form, then ADD VIN(s) for each of those products. Once entered you will see two buttons one is print NVIS and other print Certificate of Origin. Go ahead print those document as well as bill of sale.

These documents will have VIN(s) as well as your information and product information which is needed for registering. After get anybody to sign them so that it looks good.

Lastly, make sure to print on a very nice paper so that it looks presentable. Any questions please let us know.
Thank you
John Dem
Customer Support Crew - General Manager
As I didn't purchase my bikes through giobikes.com, there was no order number and therefore I couldn't print from the site. I replied to John to tell him that, 11 days ago and haven't heard back. A few days ago I checked in again to see if he had received my message, but that hasn't apparently had any effect.

The whole "sign it yourself" bit is very sketchy, but with that in mind...

does anyone have a Giobikes NVIS form that I can modify for my bikes to get them registered? Apparently John just has a NVIS template to put a VIN number and a forged signature on, but I'm having difficulty getting it from him.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #2

Wow. I hope he comes through with an NVIS form for you. We don't have off-road registration in BC, so that issue has never some up for me.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer