Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2024, 10:06 AM   #1

Tao TBR7-D

Hi!
So, a local shop has a brand new Tao TBR7D. The price is reasonable for me. I like the idea of getting it from a dealer because I am not really mechanically inclined at the moment. One of the reasons I want a dual sport is to learn too!
The shop assured me that they would go through the whole bike and make sure its "safe" and road-worthy. Plus, they said they would work on anything it needed in the future.

Question, what's different about the new "D" model than the others? Is it jsut the disk breaks?

Old 03-07-2024, 11:35 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Rae View Post
Hi!
So, a local shop has a brand new Tao TBR7D. The price is reasonable for me. I like the idea of getting it from a dealer because I am not really mechanically inclined at the moment. One of the reasons I want a dual sport is to learn too!
The shop assured me that they would go through the whole bike and make sure its "safe" and road-worthy. Plus, they said they would work on anything it needed in the future.

Question, what's different about the new "D" model than the others? Is it jsut the disk breaks?
I had a TBR7D, and at the time, they had a better headlight, skid plate, and a hinged gas cap, and different plastic, and nicer ( to me) graphics, and an adjustable rear shock. I think I am forgetting something as well. I heard some mention of USB charger, but mine didn't have it. I have seen people with D, or ones they think are the D version on the Facebook group, and they look like the base version, so they either have changed some features, or the person who think they have the D actually don't...And disc brakes, front and rear are standard in all versions. Oh yeah my D came with LED signals too.

Old 03-09-2024, 05:31 AM   #3

2020 tbr7

Hi Christina, first welcome to the club. I have a2020 tbr7 in white. The newest models
THE (d) have a folding shift lever, upgraded headlight, (h4) bulb, possibly a 520 chain and sprockets, USB port and since its 4 years newer than 2020, build quality maybe better,
(bear in mind, I said maybe!). it is China bike after all. upgrades are inexpensive, plentiful,
you'll need to keep an eye on it mechanically, simple tools a lil common sense and this
forum is all you need. my bike has roughly 1200 miles on it. Purrs like a kitten.
Stick with this Forum and you can't go wrong
Safe riding
Christopher

Old 03-09-2024, 07:30 PM   #4

Well i have a 2021 model, i don't think its a d.*6800 miles and still running strong,great bike. 428 chain and no leds,no folding shifter,but disk brakes . Mind if i ask who you are buying from?