Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2022, 11:29 AM   #1

Chinese GY6 150cc ADV... Do any exist?

Hey there China Riders,

Got a question for everyone.

Are there any Chinese bikes out there that are in the category as the Honda 150ADV? As much as I really like the Honda (I've got a 14' Forza and love it) I just don't have the funds to drop 6k on a new bike.

If not, what's your thoughts on "upgrading" a GY6 150cc into a potential Chinese 150 ADV? I understand that I'd have to basically swap out every major system. I've got a working Chinese bike to do the conversion with.

While I'm not interested in climbing rocks and crashing through trails, I am seriously considering entering the 2023 Scooter Canonball Rally.

Any thoughts? Much appreciate the insights this community provides! Be well and stay safe.

Old 06-05-2022, 02:45 PM   #2

The closest is the Lifan bike, but does not have a GY6 engine as it is fuel-injected and liquid-cooled and a close competitor to the Honda at half the cost. https://www.americanlifan.com/wp-con...0Catalogue.pdf https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...d-street-legal

As far as GY6 models go, there is one 'timeless' design that uses wide knobby tires. Its looks are based on, I believe, the older Yamaha Zuma. Scootstar is one brand that I had not heard of or about, but then again, most 'brands' relabel Znen scooters which is what this one is, so you get a decent-quality scooter as far as Znen goes. Their bike is the Roguestar 50/150 https://scootstar.net/models/roguestar.html

Also, contact Amigo Motorsports as I recall seeing an identical model on their Facebook page (not on their website) a while ago, called the Warrior 150, so might be found for lower cost as an Amigo brand vs. Roguestar brand, perhaps.

Edit: Google 'Amigo Warrior 150' and a few retailers pop up as having them for sale. Same with Googling 'Scootstar Roguestar' and a few retailers pop up.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-06-2022, 04:24 PM   #3

Thank you so much culcune, I looked up those links and that is some great information! I really do appreciate your post.

The thing I'm running through my mind is whether to just purchase a new bike (Lifan KPV 150 or a used Super/Trail Cub) or try to "frankenstien" my current China GY6 scoot.

Thanks again culcune!