Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2021, 12:33 AM   #1

Zongshen 380 valve adjustment

How difficult is the valve adjustment on the new SG400? I'm debating whether to have CSC do it, or do it myself on my big california trip in October. There are no write-ups of the process yet on the web, so I'm asking here...

Charles.

Old 09-23-2021, 06:39 AM   #2

Considering it's something that hasn't been delivered anywhere in the US yet, you might just have to be the pioneer.

Old 09-23-2021, 10:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
How difficult is the valve adjustment on the new SG400? I'm debating whether to have CSC do it, or do it myself on my big california trip in October. There are no write-ups of the process yet on the web, so I'm asking here...

Charles.
Perhaps you and/or CSC could film the adjustment at their shop as you pick it up (I am assuming that is your plan) and have it end up as another 'how-to' maintenance video for them. When are you going? I have not visited my parents and sisters in the L.A. area for a while, so that might be a good excuse to get out that way.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-24-2021, 01:16 PM   #4

I'm leaving on Friday October 1st. I should arrive at CSC around 11am.

I'd rather not hang out until monday for them to do the valves, as that's a significant portion of my trip. If I can do it on the road or at a forum member's house in CA that'd be great. I'm bringing the whole tool selection I use to adjust the valves on the RX3. Hoping that will have everything.

Charles.

Old 09-25-2021, 09:50 AM   #5

The User Manual calls for an initial inspection at 1000 kms, which is 620 miles. Then they (Zongshen) want it inspected every 2000 kms thereafter, which is a bit much in my book. So I will be adding Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner and Upper Cylinder Lubricant to my gas tank at each fill up, and checking them every 5000 miles, like I do with my RX3 (actually, the last check here was 8500 miles ago, still running fine) and RX4 (almost due). I didn't buy the thing to wrench on it; I intend to ride it, not work on it.

As far as I know, there are no videos or howtos posted anywhere on the RE3 TC380 valve check procedure, so unless one of us or CSC does it soon, we've got nothing to go on. Isn't it fun being a trailblazer?

Old 09-25-2021, 10:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
I'm leaving on Friday October 1st. I should arrive at CSC around 11am.
If I can do it on the road or at a forum member's house in CA that'd be great.

Charles.
Darn! Won't be able to meet up at CSC that day. I was inviting myself along for the adventure in case you didn't notice . But, in reality, it would be nice to meet more members every so often, and I just thought I could get a chance to take a few photos of the new bikes at the shop and your 'ceremony' of sorts where you pick up yours and 'ride off into the sunset'.

I will PM you a member's name.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard