Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2021, 09:39 PM   #1

Rear Hub bolts/studs for 2020 brozz 250

Was riding my brozz the other night and the bolts/studs for the rear hub and sprocket assembly sheared off I need to know where I can get these bolts. Brozz250.com doesn't have a listing and I don't even know what to search on the interweb to order the parts I need

Old 07-24-2021, 10:34 PM   #2

Go to this thread and read what member MEGADAN says. It's down a little bit from the top.http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=29144

Old 07-26-2021, 03:40 AM   #3

First Brozz I have ever heard that had this happen. I guess even the Brozz gets a few weak ones from time to time. In my post in the Link that stewbrash shared is a link and part number listed.

I will say this, it's worth it to get the OEM versions as sold by Partzilla, or from another Honda parts source of your choosing. I have been using OEM studs as long as I have owned a Hawk and have several thousand miles on them without a single issue. A little extra now is worth it.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 07-26-2021, 03:57 PM   #4

Yep, it's just not worth having your sprocket and chain disemboweling your axle and spokes at high speed for a few dollars! YIKES! - I scared myself - now there will be a run on bolts!

Yes, I just picked up 4 from Partzilla, shipping wa $10 also.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/ho...hoCjuIQAvD_BwE

Old 07-26-2021, 04:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
First Brozz I have ever heard that had this happen. I guess even the Brozz gets a few weak ones from time to time. In my post in the Link that stewbrash shared is a link and part number listed.

I will say this, it's worth it to get the OEM versions as sold by Partzilla, or from another Honda parts source of your choosing. I have been using OEM studs as long as I have owned a Hawk and have several thousand miles on them without a single issue. A little extra now is worth it.
Nick Corona ,that post here sometimes, and has some videos on YouTube has sheared the stock studs on his Brozz, but I think he rides his harder than most people.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:30 PM   #6

I did have the nuts back off on mine. Didn't shear, just vibrated off. Looked down at it and only had one nut remaining. Replaced with the parts MegaDan linked to, added threadlocker, and haven't had to mess with it yet.
One thing I did notice was the stock chain tends to loosen up and make everything clunky. Once I put a new nice quality chain on I've had no drive train issues.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:36 PM   #7

PS I couldn't watch the Corona videos anymore. He rides his less hard than the stuff I put mine through and makes not very good comments about the China Bikes on some other forums/platforms.... talking about this and that is junk, etc. The only thing I found junk from the factory was the chain. Are there improvements that can be made? Most certainly.
The thing about his videos and comments that I've seen on YouTube, Facebook groups, etc, is he talks bad about the bike and how it fails him or breaks in certain scenarios... but I've never once seen a maintenance video or comment he has posted... so who knows.
The bikes don't need babied along, but they do need attention from the owner.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:33 PM   #8

Yeah, he reminds me of all the spoiled little rich kids where everything that comes out of them is some sort of complaint. He probably lives in some imaginary world where he's being held back by societal constraints! Probably calls everyone, "Hey Dude!"

Last edited by stewbrash; 07-27-2021 at 07:35 PM.