Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2019, 06:42 PM   #1

Chinese bike differences??.

TBR7,Hawk ( non EFI),Brozz,CRP and the other look a likes,whats the difference between all of them besides forks and rear brakes ???.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:11 PM   #2

Wheel size, seat height, tank size, different instrument cluster, engine counterbalance vs none, rear rack vs none, check Motocheez's channel on YT, he owns 3-4 Chinese bikes.

Old 10-31-2019, 07:42 AM   #3

Also if you plan to assemble yourself.

TBR7 is a breeze... 90% assembled, slap a front tire on and some handle bars and you off to the races.

Tons else to do in theory before you first ride... but, you can get on the road same day if you choose to shelf the changes ( valve lash, carb \ needle swap, loctite on nutz etc. )

Old 10-31-2019, 12:20 PM   #4

I own the Tao Tao TBR7 2020 and the 2020 Hawk. The TBR7 has the same ground clearance as the Hawk. It has better performing brakes than my Hawk, it comes a lot more assembled. If assembly is a concern definitely get the TBR7! The Hawk is not hard to put together if you are mechanically inclined. But I wasn’t fond of the big bag of unlabeled parts you get from Hawk and your supposed to know where it all goes. Also the rear suspension is better on the TBR7 than my Hawk which is probably why most people change the shock on the Hawk.
That being said I can not attest to the Brozz or any other Chinese bike for that matter. All of that being said I love my Hawk and TBR7 equally for different reasons. The TBR7 is a way better bike for the street from the factory than the Hawk. but the Hawk I like better off road specifically because of the tires. Not the suspension, the Hawk bottoms out on a 2” deep pothole. How sad is that? Of course I am 6’1” and weight 240! I’m sure these bikes are designed and manufactured for someone 5’5” and 140lbs.
The point is just get one no matter what you get you will find reasons to love it and maybe some things you would like to improve, every problem and fix are right here in the forum. No project too big or too small. Thanks to people like MegaDan And JerryHawk and Oneleggedrider way too many names to mention.

Old 11-02-2019, 10:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
I own the Tao Tao TBR7 2020 and the 2020 Hawk. The TBR7 has the same ground clearance as the Hawk. It has better performing brakes than my Hawk, it comes a lot more assembled. If assembly is a concern definitely get the TBR7! The Hawk is not hard to put together if you are mechanically inclined. But I wasn’t fond of the big bag of unlabeled parts you get from Hawk and your supposed to know where it all goes. Also the rear suspension is better on the TBR7 than my Hawk which is probably why most people change the shock on the Hawk.
That being said I can not attest to the Brozz or any other Chinese bike for that matter. All of that being said I love my Hawk and TBR7 equally for different reasons. The TBR7 is a way better bike for the street from the factory than the Hawk. but the Hawk I like better off road specifically because of the tires. Not the suspension, the Hawk bottoms out on a 2” deep pothole. How sad is that? Of course I am 6’1” and weight 240! I’m sure these bikes are designed and manufactured for someone 5’5” and 140lbs.
The point is just get one no matter what you get you will find reasons to love it and maybe some things you would like to improve, every problem and fix are right here in the forum. No project too big or too small. Thanks to people like MegaDan And JerryHawk and Oneleggedrider way too many names to mention.
I am about your size so it’s good to hear that WE fit 👍👍👍
This bike will only see pavement on the way to the dirt so offroad is it’s main function.
I build sidecars and bikes so assembled or not doesn’t really matter.
Thank you so much for the reply👍👍👍👍👍

Old 11-02-2019, 09:36 PM   #6

I'd look at the Orion RXB-250L.

Old 11-03-2019, 07:22 PM   #7

So how close are you to purchasing a bike? Just curious you are in for so much fun.

Old 11-03-2019, 11:56 PM   #8

Quote:
So how close are you to purchasing a bike? Just curious you are in for so much fun.
Ready to purchase ASAP

Old 11-03-2019, 11:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
I'd look at the Orion RXB-250L.
That’s my top choice,might order one this week

Old 11-04-2019, 10:15 AM   #10

Holy moly, that Orion RXB-250l looks amazing! The forks and rear suspension alone seem to be a huge step up over my bikes. That is one amazing looking bike, I hope you get it and enjoy it safely.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:46 AM   #11

Quote:
Holy moly, that Orion RXB-250l looks amazing! The forks and rear suspension alone seem to be a huge step up over my bikes. That is one amazing looking bike, I hope you get it and enjoy it safely.
Yes it does. If that bike would of been available 3 years ago I would of gotten one.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-05-2019, 12:07 AM   #12

Let us know if you get one.

Btw, here's a good thread on Thumpertalk about them. https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic...orion-rxb-250/

Old 11-05-2019, 11:03 PM   #13

Decided on a Hawk DLX,bought it about a 1/2 hour ago