Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2016, 02:17 PM   #1

Where to Buy ?

Okay so I've been in the market for a Coolster DX2(or3) 150. I have even been giving consideration to a TaoTao Bull 150, though the coolster is my first choice atm.

I tried to purchase from apscusa.com and Don. However after 8 weeks of the product not shipping, I've finally had to give up. They tell me that there is a dispute with the company that handles their transactions and until it's legally cleared up they can no longer take orders. So my last attempted order has been cancelled again, and they are out of the picture for who knows how long. I would have loved to do a twin pack there.

I hear that superiorpowersports is closing as well.

So, that brings me to the question of where is the best place to buy at this time ? Killermotorsports seems to have jacked the price on the coolster 150, as they are not doing free shipping on it anymore, putting it into the nearly $1500 range to buy one.

I was thinking of ordering from Wholesale Motorsports, but everytime I call the guy pushes really hard for me to get a TaoTao instead of a Coolster. I'm not sure if he genuinely believes the TaoTao is better or he just gets a better profit from selling them. Plus he also quotes an "additional shipping charge" to my area.

So who would you recommend to buy from at this point ? I'm getting tired of trying to dig through the mess of trying to find a good seller at a good price

Old 12-10-2016, 05:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarZ View Post
Okay so I've been in the market for a Coolster DX2(or3) 150. I have even been giving consideration to a TaoTao Bull 150, though the coolster is my first choice atm.

I tried to purchase from apscusa.com and Don. However after 8 weeks of the product not shipping, I've finally had to give up. They tell me that there is a dispute with the company that handles their transactions and until it's legally cleared up they can no longer take orders. So my last attempted order has been cancelled again, and they are out of the picture for who knows how long. I would have loved to do a twin pack there.

I hear that superiorpowersports is closing as well.

So, that brings me to the question of where is the best place to buy at this time ? Killermotorsports seems to have jacked the price on the coolster 150, as they are not doing free shipping on it anymore, putting it into the nearly $1500 range to buy one.

I was thinking of ordering from Wholesale Motorsports, but everytime I call the guy pushes really hard for me to get a TaoTao instead of a Coolster. I'm not sure if he genuinely believes the TaoTao is better or he just gets a better profit from selling them. Plus he also quotes an "additional shipping charge" to my area.

So who would you recommend to buy from at this point ? I'm getting tired of trying to dig through the mess of trying to find a good seller at a good price

My order from APSCUSA just shipped Thursday so maybe they have whatever issue cleared up. My second choice would be Killer Motorsports at this point, and then TXMotorsports but they are more $$$. Maybe you could ask them to price match. After all, they're all paying the same wholesale price, right?

Old 12-11-2016, 12:52 AM   #3

I did call KMS and ask them to price match, but they said they couldnt do it.

I'll give Don a call again come Monday. Hopefully they are up for business again. I guess it's worth asking ... did you use a credit card for payment ? That's where they stated their issue was when I spoke with them.

Definitely need a solid alternative though.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:59 AM   #4

Not endorsement but I guess you saw this thread

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17847
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 12-11-2016, 09:34 PM   #5

Ty for bringing that thread to my attention. I did not see it before.

I'm looking over family go carts now. They are a little pricey based on what was formerly available, but if that is where everything is priced at now, I'll have to give it some more thought and reading.

TY

Old 12-11-2016, 10:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarZ View Post
Ty for bringing that thread to my attention. I did not see it before.

I'm looking over family go carts now. They are a little pricey based on what was formerly available, but if that is where everything is priced at now, I'll have to give it some more thought and reading.

TY
Glad to help, I understand not everyone is a sad case like me reading this thing everyday.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 12-12-2016, 10:21 AM   #7

The age old China Bike question.
Seems that the dealers have come and went over the years...so who to buy from is always a dice roll.
There's been good reviews by folks here about FamilyGoCarts, APSCUSA and of course, CSC, as the ones that rise to the top. Will that last? Who knows. I've had luck with Superior and Swampy has had luck with Powersportsmax, but then other reviews come in horrible.
Again, in the China Bike World, where to buy and who can actually provide post-sale support has always been nothing more than a crap shoot over the last decade.

Keep us posted on your experience.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-13-2016, 12:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Not endorsement but I guess you saw this thread

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17847
I tried emailing those guys and have never been given a reply. Tried to pm them here with the same outcome no reply? It seems like its hit or miss with these china bike dealers? Buyer beware with this one.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:17 PM   #9

Include Valley Scooters in your research . . Georgia location, which may be irrelevant because what really matters is competent warehouse affiliations, Certificate Of Origin issuance, and follow-up.

Their website seems a tad "outdated". Noting the Linhai scooter listings as an example . . does not appear current with the Sunright distributor offerings. Based on their totally static Facebook page, they also appear to lack social media "marketing" comprehension.

Really like their parts website shipping policy . . .
"Shipping is free on most orders. Orders under $15 will be charged a flat $8 fee."

Old 12-14-2016, 10:11 AM   #10

I've ordered from KMS and Power Sports Max. At the Power Sports Max website they call the Coolster 3150 a model J010, but it is still just a Coolster 3150. I never had any issues ordering from them. You may want to give them a look.
http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...roducts_id/746

Old 12-14-2016, 10:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckangaroo70 View Post
I've ordered from KMS and Power Sports Max. At the Power Sports Max website they call the Coolster 3150 a model J010, but it is still just a Coolster 3150. I never had any issues ordering from them. You may want to give them a look.
http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...roducts_id/746
Good to hear. With the rumors going around recently about Superior, I was looking at PSM. I'd like to staick with a CA vendor as they're super close for shipping and they know the DMV ropes mandated here.

I see though that SPS is carrying the DX3 with the front disk!
http://www.superiorpowersports.com/C...150atv-dx3.htm

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-14-2016, 06:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Glad to help, I understand not everyone is a sad case like me reading this thing everyday.
I'm right there with ya!! I must be a sad case too.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I tried emailing those guys and have never been given a reply. Tried to pm them here with the same outcome no reply? It seems like its hit or miss with these china bike dealers? Buyer beware with this one.
Merlin, call them. They always answered when I called and were very helpful. My experience with them was great no worries, no problems. I wouldn't PM any of these dealers here on this forum. Lets face it they come here to respond to a review and that's it. I'll bet they don't check in here like we do.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:39 PM   #14

https://www.txpowersports.com/default.asp These are the guys I used for my Rhino. Picked up the phone both times I called and were easy to deal with. The ATV was shipped promptly and arrived in good shape. Prices were competitive too.

Some here have had a problem in the past buying street legal bikes through them and not getting the right paper work to register the bikes. For ATV's they seem okay to use.