Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2021, 03:09 PM   #1

Brozz 250 recon vs CSC tt250

I have been waiting to purchase a Brozz250 recon. A while ago I contacted the distributor and was emailed back that the 2021 models would be coming to market for pre-sale pretty soon. Buuut that's been a long time coming.

I'm not exactly trigger happy to purchase but if it comes to it I want to be informed should I decide to buy a CSC TT250 instead.

I am looking for a learner dual sport that I am going to treat mostly like a city scooter. I want one that I can take a screwdriver to and learn the mechanics of while learning to ride. Ideally though a brand of bike that will not need constant work on and love. Any expert opinion on the difference between these guys would be much appreciated, as far as I can tell the CSC is only a few hundred dollars more but I have heard any horrors stories yet. I would love to also find out what old honda skeleton these guys are built on if that's common knowledge. Thanks yall!

Old 10-01-2021, 08:35 PM   #2

Buy What Is Available And Can Be Registered In Your State

The most important thing that differentiates the two bikes is the fact that the CSC TT250 is 50 state emissions approved and the Brozz 250 Recon is not. That means that the TT250 has CARB and EPA emission approvals and can be registered in all 50 states. So if you live in California or a state that follows California's emissions standards, then the Brozz 250 is not an option.

Aside from that, right at this moment a big difference is availability - the TT250 is in stock and ready for purchase, and the Brozz 250 isn't, with what appears to be a very long ETA. Normally, I would tell you to wait and get the Brozz 250 if you are in a state that it can be registered in, saving yourself some money in the process, but these are not normal times. Manufacturing and shipping logistic logjams are bad, and getting worse for a variety of reasons. Right now, if you really want a bike it is best to get what you can, when and where you can, cost be damned. There really aren't any deals to be had, either new or used; you are going to be paying MSRP if you intend to ride away with something right now. Yeah, it sucks, but that is just the way it is right now and I don't see it changing for another two or three years, at least.

Old 10-02-2021, 12:06 AM   #3

Are there other states that follow CA EPA requirements? I thought CA stood alone on that.. but things change I guess..

Excellent post..

Old 10-02-2021, 07:19 AM   #4

Go with the TT250

Hi there,

I own a 2019 Hawk 250 with @ 7000 miles on it. Many parts on my Hawk are from the TT250/CSC. CSC has phenomenal customer service, and I’ve only heard of one instance of the TT250 having a major mechanical problem, and that was only *once* and years ago. All other TT250 owners I have followed and been aware of have never complained of any major mechanical problems whatsoever. CSC stocks all TT250 parts online for easy purchase, they have well-done service manuals/tutorials online that you can follow in order to do your own maintenance, and they have a brick-and-mortar dealership with full-time motorcycle mechanics working onsite that you can call and speak directly with if you have any problems.

When my Hawk dies, I’m purchasing a TT250 as I’m very familiar with the mechanical ins and outs of this type of bike, and the TT250 is overall a better quality product with full parts availability and excellent support and customer service from CSC.

Tags
power to the purchaser