Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2021, 06:11 AM   #1

Kentucky x18

The experience started with the insurance company eventually he typed in the name giving on the title
The next issues began and you pour House and title read sent me wasn't ready or wasn't notarized and I've been waiting for what seems like forever on this notarized title been a long while in a week I'm not sure it's been 10 days yet

In a car you're always in a compartment, and because you're used to it you don't realize that through that car window everything you see is just more TV. You're a passive observer and it is all moving by you boringly in a frame.

On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming

Old 05-04-2021, 07:09 AM   #2

I hope you get it sorted out soon.
(And Welcome from another Kentucky Boy)
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 05-04-2021, 12:06 PM   #3

With the lack of punctuation, random capitalization and clipped, disjointed sentences I do not understand the exact problem.

And I'm from KY!

If you are dealing directly with the state they require a title signed by both parties and notarized. You submit it at the county clerk and they send to the state for a new title in the buyers' name. That is sent to you in 3-4 weeks normally. It's not a send it today and get it tomorrow, or even a week long deal. You get it when you get it.

If you are purchasing from out of state, such as us getting a shipped bike, then you will get a "certificate of origin". That does throw some of the small clerk offices into a loop. My county clerk had never seen a C of O and was not sure how to submit it. They made a call to the state and worked it out.

I walked in with the Proof of insurance, inspection form, C of O, bill of sale and 30 minutes latter walked out with my tags. Three weeks latter my title was in the mail.

It you are waiting for a title from a dealer or private individual, good luck with that!