Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2023, 10:29 PM   #1

Surron Ultra Bee?

This thing has captured my imagination.

Does anyone know anyone that has this Enduro?

How easy is it to find one? How easy is it to get a license plate on one?

Thinking I could probably just swap my plates over from the Lifan and nobody would be any wiser. The Lifan is registered as brand “other” in my state.

One problem I have been reading about is there are absolutely no parts available for these things. But maybe with some creativity things could be custom-made if they break.

The situation here is I have really decided to stay with the boat stuff. I need to have a really lightweight motorcycle that I can get on and off the boat easily. And wouldn’t you know it, the ultra bee goes faster than my Lifan. So it’s better for road use.

Really considering this thing for next spring. It’s super expensive compared to our normal China bikes and I’m not sure if it’s worth it. Especially with no parts available. But it really fits the use case.

I’m thinking I could get some 80/20 street tires too since that’s where almost all the riding is from a boat.

190lbs!!

Any opinions on this enduro?

Old 09-09-2023, 10:37 PM   #2

I just found a big problem on the website though.

Looks like I won’t be getting any ladies with this thing. Lol

Old 09-10-2023, 03:24 PM   #3

Wow. Nobody out here in the China universe has heard of this Chinese electric enduro?

No one has one? Are they that maintenance free that they don’t come on the forum? Ha ha

Old 09-10-2023, 03:31 PM   #4

Heard of them yes. But from what owners tell me you can expect to spend as much again as the bike on upgrading it to be even better.

Search YouTube and you’ll find tons of videos on surron in general, it’s a bit of a hooligan e-bike of choice at the moment but it’s a slippery slope on upgrades as you can really spend a pretty penny. They were (but not sure about today) popular in CA and other states where they could leave pedals on them and skirt the laws then stealthily upgrade the controller/motor/battery and go faster then the law allows and not have motorcycle license or insurance etc.

As far as owners posting they tend to post on other forums.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 09-11-2023, 07:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
Heard of them yes. But from what owners tell me you can expect to spend as much again as the bike on upgrading it to be even better.

Search YouTube and you’ll find tons of videos on surron in general, it’s a bit of a hooligan e-bike of choice at the moment but it’s a slippery slope on upgrades as you can really spend a pretty penny. They were (but not sure about today) popular in CA and other states where they could leave pedals on them and skirt the laws then stealthily upgrade the controller/motor/battery and go faster then the law allows and not have motorcycle license or insurance etc.

As far as owners posting they tend to post on other forums.
I see!

thank you for the information. I am only just hearing about them right now.

The thing that I’m finding attractive is they weigh 190 pounds and can go faster than my current china bike.

They have a reasonable range too.

My holy grail here was to find some form of transportation that is lightweight and easy to get on and off a boat, but that I could ride 100 miles one day, and 100 miles back the next day. it also has to be street legal. Not some E bike or something. Those aren’t going to get you anywhere fast. This is my use case.

I have looked again and again and again at all the different scooters and China bikes and everything. My xpect is actually one of the best ones. Coming in at nearly 300 pounds though.

Does anyone know of anything else that would fit this? Something under 200 pounds? Because that’s the main thing attracting me to these

Old 09-11-2023, 09:50 AM   #6

Don't get put off by the bike because of some riders.

I used to watch Sur Ronster and you can still get a lot of good Surron information from his videos.

But if you watch his gear and riding style you see what is still quite popular. Little to no gear but reaching motorcycle speeds on the roads. Sometimes I think the helmet is just there to hide the face .

This is yesterdays video:

- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 09-11-2023, 03:35 PM   #7

oh my God. You are not making me want this any less. Ha ha.

honestly, I would just be looking to make it into a complete road machine. I think the only modification would be changing the gearing so that it has a little bit higher top speed.

I ride a completely stock xpect.

I know most of the people here really do a lot of modifications and things, but that’s just not me. I just like to ride and not break down and that’s about it lol

i’m completely happy with the stock bikes and I have a lot of other projects to do that take up a lot of time. So I don’t like to put a lot of time into the motorcycles. Just riding them.

Old 09-11-2023, 07:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
Have a look at Zero motor cycles, they have a duel sport model.
Are we talking about the zero FX?

If so, it’s 100 pounds heavier than the Surron Ultra Bee.

Weighs as much as my xpect, which i would just keep if it was easier to move around

Old 09-16-2023, 08:20 AM   #9

China bike supply chain issues experts:

Where would you buy one of these?

I see the USA importers are in rip off mode with these things. How can I source one the way we source our other China bikes?

Old 09-17-2023, 12:30 AM   #10

I mean, the reality is, any full size bike that is road legal and capable of the performance you desire is going to weigh at least around 250lbs, and that is a very small list of machines.

The Honda Grom is one bike that does come close. It weighs about 230lbs.

The lightest full size motorcycle I know of is the Honda CB125F, which is 256lbs, but was also not sold in the U.S.

Also, bear in mind that bikes like the Sur-rons or Talaria are factory limited to around 25-30mph, and even if the limiters are removed can only achieve, at best, about 40-45mph, and have a fairly short range at those speeds. The Ultra Bee you are so interested has it's maximum range of 87 miles on the 55aH battery at 25mph. Push it to it's 56mph top speed, and you will probably get 20 miles out of it.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 09-17-2023, 09:41 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I mean, the reality is, any full size bike that is road legal and capable of the performance you desire is going to weigh at least around 250lbs, and that is a very small list of machines.

The Honda Grom is one bike that does come close. It weighs about 230lbs.

The lightest full size motorcycle I know of is the Honda CB125F, which is 256lbs, but was also not sold in the U.S.

Also, bear in mind that bikes like the Sur-rons or Talaria are factory limited to around 25-30mph, and even if the limiters are removed can only achieve, at best, about 40-45mph, and have a fairly short range at those speeds. The Ultra Bee you are so interested has it's maximum range of 87 miles on the 55aH battery at 25mph. Push it to it's 56mph top speed, and you will probably get 20 miles out of it.
Yeah. You are completely right. The more I look into it I think it’s not going to be as practical as I had imagined. They got me with those best case numbers.

I think I have to stick with ICE. that 125 in the other thread (which I should probably have not started two of them) seems good.

I don’t care very much about it being full-size as long as it’s tall enough. Those Groms. When I drive and I see a grom, I feel lucky that I saw it. I feel lucky that I didn’t just drive right over it. They are very difficult to see because they are way down in the ground and small to begin with.

I just would not feel safe in traffic on the Grom. I know they are probably the most popular bike in the entire country, they have incredible sales figures, but I feel like height is a bit of an advantage. Especially given how SUVs are in terms of visibility.

so I guess that 125 in the other thread is small like a older kids dirtbike, but it has a fairly good size wheels which makes it sort of a medium height.