Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2022, 02:16 PM   #1

2021 RXB250L seat

Getting ready to buy a new RXB250L and it’s going to be used for multi day/week off road rides.the seat looks very uncomfortable for my purpose,I’ve heard the the bike is a lot like a pre 2015 KTM.Does anybody know if a seat cover and foam will fit?.
If not,any idea what will fit ?.

Old 01-07-2022, 04:20 PM   #2

That would be a question for Joe Henner on Facebook... There aren't too many people on here with RXBs, much less those who have modded them. He's making/importing parts specifically for them.

Old 01-07-2022, 10:06 PM   #3

I have one. I have no idea on seat compatibility or its cover or foam. I can tell you that the seat it comes with is awful. A plank of wood carved into the same shape might be better.

In the spring I plan to take the cover off of mine and put some real foam in it. I suspect that will help quite a bit. I need to buy a new air stapler first, or fix my current one which is cactus.

Old 01-07-2022, 10:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatAl View Post
Getting ready to buy a new RXB250L and it’s going to be used for multi day/week off road rides.the seat looks very uncomfortable for my purpose,I’ve heard the the bike is a lot like a pre 2015 KTM.Does anybody know if a seat cover and foam will fit?.
If not,any idea what will fit ?.
I purchased a seat extension a few years ago. It was fitted to my then DRZ 400 but could be used on about any bike. It consisted of cordura fabric with a flat middle area and a circular pouch fit for a 2 liter bottle on each side to be thrown over the seat and bottle on each side to extend the seating area sideways. Looks a little funny but was an absolutely wonderful feel on a two week trip to Copper Canyon. And you always have something to drink.

Old 01-31-2022, 05:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by severely View Post
I purchased a seat extension a few years ago. It was fitted to my then DRZ 400 but could be used on about any bike. It consisted of cordura fabric with a flat middle area and a circular pouch fit for a 2 liter bottle on each side to be thrown over the seat and bottle on each side to extend the seating area sideways. Looks a little funny but was an absolutely wonderful feel on a two week trip to Copper Canyon. And you always have something to drink.
I had one of those also,but I can’t remember the name of it !.
Do you remember what there called?..

Old 01-31-2022, 06:48 PM   #6

Wink

Quote:
I had one of those also,but I can’t remember the name of it !.
Do you remember what there called?..
Sorry, I can't. I'm in southern Texas and my seat extender in Missouri. I'll be home around April 3/5 and I can look at the label if I don't remember between now and then. If you have access to a good seamstress I'll bet one could be made out of and old pair of jeans, you just have to sew the pockets for the bottles even with the top of the seat Edit to add. I looked at my purchase history and found cycle_analyst.com on e-bay and the item was referred as sweet cheeks for a KTM/CRF/RM. I don't remember if they have more than one choice of size so good luck, wish you well.

Old 02-01-2022, 08:43 AM   #7

I put one of these on my CSC TT250. It reduces the amount of vibration, and thus reduces fatigue. It's priceless on my 250 mile round trip rides to my ranch.

https://airhawk.net/product/dual-sport-2/
2021 CSC TT250 - White (Daughter's) "Gemini"

Old 02-01-2022, 09:20 PM   #8

I just installed a Seat Concepts brand seat on my Kayo K6 that was made for a KTM 2012-2015 model. It was an identical fit. They are very comfortable seats.

I don't know if the RXB250L is the same design or not, but if so you can probably use the 4.1 gallon Acerbis gas tank too.

Old 02-02-2022, 12:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
I just installed a Seat Concepts brand seat on my Kayo K6 that was made for a KTM 2012-2015 model. It was an identical fit. They are very comfortable seats.

I don't know if the RXB250L is the same design or not, but if so you can probably use the 4.1 gallon Acerbis gas tank too.
Got to it before I could Glenn. lol KTM 250SX and SX-F ('12 - '15) seats/foam will fit the RXB250L out of the box.

Regarding gas tanks, same thing. Just make sure you get the SX version of the Acerbis tanks. The SX verisons have a standard petcock and bolt right up to the RXB. Currently running a 5.3 gallon Acerbis tank on my RXB.

SX-F tanks will have a big hole for the fuel pump, which you don't have.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa_Adv View Post
Got to it before I could Glenn. lol KTM 250SX and SX-F ('12 - '15) seats/foam will fit the RXB250L out of the box.

Regarding gas tanks, same thing. Just make sure you get the SX version of the Acerbis tanks. The SX verisons have a standard petcock and bolt right up to the RXB. Currently running a 5.3 gallon Acerbis tank on my RXB.

Where did you find the acerbic tank ??
All I can find is the tank for the SX-F.....

Old 02-09-2022, 07:04 PM   #11

Quote:

Will that seat fit the 2021-22 RXB250L ???

Old 02-09-2022, 07:57 PM   #12

Quote:

Can't comment on the seats because I haven't tried it, but I can tell you that the tank for the 2021+ models is different. KTM SX tanks no longer fit because I have tried that. It looks like it ought to but nothing lines up: The center spindle is slightly moved, the side mounts interfere with the walls of of the tank, and the forward mount for the seat onto the tank isn't even close. Which is a bummer, because I was really looking forward to expanding my RXB's range without having to strap a jerry can to the back.

Old 02-09-2022, 09:07 PM   #13

I’m more concerned about the seat,I REALLY need a better seat for long dual sport rides.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:35 PM   #14

Name:  IMG_1792.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  133.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1793.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  105.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1795.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  137.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1796.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  143.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1797.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  119.9 KB
Quote:
Where did you find the acerbic tank ??
All I can find is the tank for the SX-F.....
I got the tank on eBay. I can't get the order info because it was before 2020, and that's as far back as they'll show me.

I don't know whether the seat will fit your bike, so I'll post some pics of it and the tank to help you tell if it might. Btw, I heard that Rockymtnatv stocks the Seat Concepts seats. If you can get one from them it would probably be easier to return if you need to. Also, the waitlist at Seat Concepts is really long. So, Rockymtn could save you a lot of time if they have one in stock.

I think that there's a pretty wide model and year range of the KTM seats and probably the tanks that are the same. I think 2012-2015ish 4-strokes are all the same part numbers.

(I know that the seat should have more staples, but it was cold in the garage the day I wrapped it & I wasn't sure if it was tight enough and I might have to redo it.)

Old 02-11-2022, 08:44 AM   #15

That seat absolutely will not fit a 2021. The 2021 seat is narrower, the nose end that interfaces with the tank is different, and the way it bolts to the bike in the back is different. It bolts through the sides, not up from below.