Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2008, 09:13 AM   #1

New Zongshen DS

If you haven't surfed over lately, Zongshen America has updated their web site:

http://www.zongshenamerica.com/

OK, the China moto companies need dealers and need good parts support, but they also need to build brand identity. To that end, Zongshen America has a new moto: "Be Dragonized" - I like it!

They have posted under "products" a new, upcoming dual-sport model. In response to the near universal hue and cry of Chinarider posters for a larger displacement bike, Zongshen America is of course releasing a 150cc machine! OK, I can't explain that decision either, but otherwise the ZS150GY-10 is pretty fly: liquid cooled, f&r pedal discs, nice looking frame.

The best pics of the ZS150GY-10 I've found are in post #847 on this Spanish language web board:

http://www.laneros.com/showthread.php?p=2221289

If the saddle isn't too high, this has the potential to be a good wife/girlfriend/adolecent ride.

Scoot safe,
tcs

Old 03-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #2

I do wonder why not having a larger displacement bike--the Sierra is screaming for a 250cc.

However, the 150 is a good idea. There are always people asking the question of if there is a smaller displacement bike for their girlfriend, wife, daughter, mistress, etc (ok, no mistresses).

My local UM dealer was putting a street kit on a UM DTF150 for a shorter woman customer (the DSF 200 is especially tall for a Chinese dirt bike).

However, Lifan had a 150 enduro that they phased out probably due to lack of sales.

I do like the look of this 150, and they list the top speed as 60mph (they are pretty accurate with the listed top speed of their Sierra 200, so I trust that this speed is not an exaggerated dealer claim) which would make the bike useful for me as a commuter.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard