Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2021, 01:01 PM   #1

New guy from PA

Hey All!

So been looking to get a dual sport as me and a buddy want to go riding in upstate PA. Well he got his, i just need to find mine. Narrowed my choices down to the Hawk 250 DLX, TaoTao TBR7 or a Lifan XPect 200. If anyone has any of these bikes and has any tips/warnings please let me know.

Hope you all have a great day! Glad to find a place like this.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:31 PM   #2

Slightly late welcome to here! Have you been reading up on the bikes? I know you saw the PA registration thread. Some of the bikes according to some of the retailers can not be shipped to PA. Normally, it is just California, but lately, PA and NJ as well. I do know the TT250 is 50 state legal, and we have several members from PA with the TT250. I believe the Lifan X-Pect is PA legal, and the Tao, too. What kills the Hawk DLX, or at least makes one jump through the proverbial hoops is the serial numbers of the EPA approved off-road Hawk 250 are similar to the DLX (which is supposed to be 49 state legal) so that raises red flags at some states' DMVs (states that won't, or no longer will plate the off-road carbed Hawk 250).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-21-2021, 07:17 AM   #3

Hey thanks man

So i ordered my Lifan last friday and it arrives tomorrow. Buddy's coming up and we're gonna get it road ready.

Yup thats what killed the Hawk DLX 250 from my choices :( but glad i found out prior to ordering.

Just excited to have a bike again, i sold mine when i moved in with my wife back in 2007.