Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2017, 08:46 AM   #1

hawk 250. new to the forum

Hello everyone. This is my first time ever being on any kind of forum. But i feel like I owe you all a big thanks. Ive had a RPS Hawk 250 for over a year now, and have been reading your posts to find technical support and parts info.

Best i can tell is the Hawk frame seems to be a clone of a Honda bros nxr150, and the engine is a clone of the Honda cg150. Thats the info i use to find parts anyways.

So far I have took the bike all the way apart, installed lock tight, and never seize. torqued, adjusted, rerouted, installed dielectric grease on connectors, rotella 15w40. Then, aftermarket exhaust, drilled holes and modified the air box, foam air filter, drilled the main jet with a #56 drill bit-possibly a 125 jet? put two washers under the metering pin, turned the pilot screw out 3 turns, ngk spark plug 9, and i am waiting on a 40 tooth back sprocket. should be here today.

The bike was super lean when i got it, and not much punch. Now it has ALOT of torque, and the top speed is...65-75...65-75...Lol! speedo just rattles around. who knows how fast. But it is bouncing at a higher speed. After the sprocket change I was going to try a speedo app with my phone.

In all, Ive leanred alot, and ive been having a blast with this thing. Im a fabricator and mechanic. Parts are inexpensive, so its truely a joy to tweak and tune on.

I will post my results with the sproket, and if anyone has any questions, or any bikes for sale, please get ahold of me. I work alot, so give me time to answer.

Thanks again for the wealth of knowledge on this site.

Be safe out there.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:11 AM   #2

Hi glad you joined us. Ya these CB can be a lot of fun to ride AND mod. Have any pics of your build?

Old 04-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #3

W&F...hope you have time to contribute. Work a lot?, change that to ride alot
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-14-2017, 09:06 AM   #4

Hawk 250 new the forum.

Hi. 40 tooth sprocket made a huge difference. Forgot to bring my phone to see actual speed. But had to be cruising near 70mph...maybe? 17 tooth front is on its way. Not so sure I even need it. BTW how do i post pictures? Cant figure it out for sure. And yes. Im going to make time this summer. Less work more riding.

Old 04-14-2017, 09:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by weldandfab View Post
Hi. 40 tooth sprocket made a huge difference. Forgot to bring my phone to see actual speed. But had to be cruising near 70mph...maybe? 17 tooth front is on its way. Not so sure I even need it. BTW how do i post pictures? Cant figure it out for sure. And yes. Im going to make time this summer. Less work more riding.
speaking of work....gotta go

someone will chime in on the pic post procedure.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-15-2017, 06:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
speaking of work....gotta go

someone will chime in on the pic post procedure.
Hi I have a 2015 Bashan"Blaze" BS250GY-31 I am looking for the gas tank plastic or a parts distributor? Any one have a suggestion ? Thanks
Steve Loewenstein
loe1240@sbcglobal.net

Old 04-15-2017, 06:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by weldandfab View Post
Hi I have a 2015 Bashan"Blaze" BS250GY-31 I am looking for the gas tank plastic or a parts distributor? Any one have a suggestion ? Thanks
Steve Loewenstein
loe1240@sbcglobal.net

Old 04-15-2017, 06:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by loe1240 View Post
Steve Loewenstein
loe1240@sbcglobal.net
You can try here http://www.roketapartsdept.com/...expensive stuff

Old 04-15-2017, 08:27 PM   #9

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Thank You very much.....................