Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #1

Last ditch effort to fix HS200GY

Blame my lack of prior research and a shady dealer on this one. I have a bike that on all legal paperwork shows that it is a Roketa DB-07A (RSX-200E). However, in looking at Roketa's web site and various pictures (oh yeah, and the owner's manual), it isn't a Roketa.

I broke one of the valve springs, and the Roketa replacement valve is not the right part. A bit of research and it turns out I have a Viva branded HSun HS200GY. The engine is similarly branded with the Viva brand, but labeled with the HS163FML model that indicates that it is an HSUN 200cc motor.

I have looked everywhere now, the manufacturer, motopartsmax.com, motosportparts.com, etc., and I can't find anyone that sells a new valve and valve spring set. I can but the entire motor, or nothing.

So I am now at my wits end, I'd like to know if anyone know of a parts dealer that can sell me the parts I need?

If not, then I will have a very slightly used HS200GY with non-working motor with only 457 miles on it for sale or part out very shortly.

Thanks,

Dennis

Old 11-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #2

This is easily do-able. I forgot the dealer, someone will chime in soon.

Here you go, found it. $28.

http://www.motopartsmax.com/index.ph...ducts_id/11396

I had an HSUN, BTW. Pretty good bike.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #3

Nice find, Doc!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #4

That is where I bought my first kit from, and it didn't work. This kit says that it is for the Loncin engine only. Mine isn't Loncin that I know of and I hate to waste a second $35 for something that wont work. Is Loncin who makes the HS163FML? I notice that Lifan makes an engine that is 163FML, but looking at their pictures and talking to Phillip at MetricPartsHQ.com, this HS163FML is most certainly not a Lifan.

Sorry for my ignorance, I really have been researching this a long time.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #5

Can you measure one of the valve springs and let us know? I'll compare it with some old XR200 springs I have if you wish. Honda springs will be easy to find if they're a match.

Be specific about ID, OD and free height. Installed height would be a bonus.

BTW, how on Earth did you break a valve spring? 8O

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-03-2009, 01:16 AM   #6

[quote="bonus.

BTW, how on Earth did you break a valve spring? 8O[/quote]

I was wondering that also 8O

Old 11-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #7

Is the 163 a pushrod or OHC engine? I would be surprised if the lifan springs didn't fit.

If OHC the honda ones may work.

Allen

Old 11-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #8

Pushrod. The latest Chinese technology.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #9

That is what thought. Same as my lifan. I think that some of the older honda atc engine might have been pushrod, but I am not 100%. Just a blip I caught from another post at one time.

I would check again with metric parts and see if those are pushrod or OHC springs.

Allen

Old 11-06-2009, 01:59 PM   #10

I have the same motor hs163fml. measured the valves 27mm out / 32mm in
i also bought the bike from powersportsmax, and ordered parts from motopartsmax that did not fit the bike when the website said it would. I dont know about the loncin valve assy. they sell because it doesn't have dimensions. But i did find these http://www.motorparts4less.com/products.php?id=562 that match the dimensions i have so far.
Nothing "appears" to be broken, i get about a mile down the road then rpms start droping up and down, backfiring, will die if i don't stay on the throttle, eventually does die and wont start untill i adjust the valves again.. A freind suggested the valve springs may be getting hot then loosing some strength to hold the valve closed, i dont know, but it does say in the manual to Replace valves every 2,000K it has almost 3,500. so guess i'm gona order this assembly and find out..

Old 11-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Flag this message
Re: part: 395-999019
Monday, November 9, 2009 11:49 PM
"Contact Ridemax" <contact@ridemax-inc.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"Patrick O.F" <yotaguy4x4@yahoo.com>
Dear Customer
We are sorry, we have tried but could not get the measurement at this mement. if you have other questions, please feel free to contact us.
Thanks
Ridemax inc

To: contact@ridemax-inc.com
Sent: Sat, November 7, 2009 10:56:34 PM
Subject: part: 395-999019

http://www.motopartsmax.com/index.ph...ducts_id/11396
Could i please have the dimensions on this part?
Not 100% sure it's what i need, i purchased a hsun 200gy dual sport from you early this year and i'm having valve issues, ID on motor is HS163FML.
Thanks.
I dont know why i even bothered

Old 11-18-2009, 10:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwow
I have the same motor hs163fml. measured the valves 27mm out / 32mm in
i also bought the bike from powersportsmax, and ordered parts from motopartsmax that did not fit the bike when the website said it would. I dont know about the loncin valve assy. they sell because it doesn't have dimensions. But i did find these http://www.motorparts4less.com/products.php?id=562 that match the dimensions i have so far.
Nothing "appears" to be broken, i get about a mile down the road then rpms start droping up and down, backfiring, will die if i don't stay on the throttle, eventually does die and wont start untill i adjust the valves again.. A freind suggested the valve springs may be getting hot then loosing some strength to hold the valve closed, i dont know, but it does say in the manual to Replace valves every 2,000K it has almost 3,500. so guess i'm gona order this assembly and find out..
This sounds more like a fuel supply problem or are you saying when you adjust the valves each time they are out of adjustment?

You do not need to replace valves every 2000k - they should last 10 to 20 times that.

Frog

Old 11-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #13

Quote:
This sounds more like a fuel supply problem or are you saying when you adjust the valves each time they are out of adjustment?
Possibly, I had one of those china open air filters on it, going to replace it with an uni pod. Also noticed a tear in the bottom piston cylinder gasket, could be losing compression when it heats up.
Quote:
You do not need to replace valves every 2000k - they should last 10 to 20 times that.
I wouldn't think so either. but that's what the manual says: Replace every year or 2000k.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #14

I'd replace the base gasket before going after the valves personally. You have an air leak that prolly causes it to run extremely lean to the point of not being able to have the correct air/fuel mix.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #15

I agree

For future reference the valves are:
Intake: 32mm base, 92mm length, 5.46mm shaft width
exhaust:27mm base,91mm length, 5.46mm shaft width