Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2022, 03:47 PM   #1

How to choose correct wiring harness?

I have a chinese ATV I bought. I dont know exactly what make it is. 110cc.
I bought a new wiring harness and it doesn have all the connections the old one had. I installed new harness best i could, bike turns over but no spark. Plug is wet. There is a wire coming out of the bike right next to the stator wire and the new harness has no connection for it. There are also two other wires that have no matching connection in new harness. Some kind of device on the front of the bike and another at the very tail end. I dont know what they do.
I havent had any luck trying to find a harness that matches the bike. Any ideas?

Last edited by Dbook; 06-19-2022 at 03:48 PM. Reason: forgot to mention something

Old 06-19-2022, 05:40 PM   #2

Get a multimeter and test them to ground, then test them to your +
Next, does your ATV have a black box module of some kind, which is presumably the computer whether it's analog or digital.
These leads may connect to devices that are regulated by the module, and you will need to find the right harness if this is the case.

Old 06-19-2022, 06:06 PM   #3

I may not have presented the picture correctly. I installed a new harness and carburetor. All seemed to go fine. It turns over strong but does not start. I pulled the plug and tried starting with plug next to engine, no spark. I have since learned that the old harness included a parental remote kill and a tether kill switch on the rear. The wire coming out by the stator wires which I am now thinking is for a gear indicator. The new harness does not have any connections for the old parental unit, the rear tether or the gearbox wires.

Basically, new carb, new harness, plenty of crank, no start.

Old 06-28-2022, 12:29 AM   #4

I would try jumpering the wires from the parental controls plug that is now open so the circuit is closed, and it might start.