Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2022, 07:42 AM   #1

High beam

So my Titans headlight is led; but the high and low beam are reversed from the handlebar switch and the blue high beam light on my speed o. Anybody know how to change this? Thanks

Old 05-13-2022, 01:56 PM   #2

On some of these it is possible to insert the connectors backwards. If it's a type where the high and low beam positive wires are on the left and right and ground is in the middle, it would work as you describe. I don't know what the connector for the lights looks like offhand. The connector is probably keyed to attempt to prevent plugging it in backwards, but when done with enough gusto it's usually possible anyway.

Other possibilities: If it is a dual filament high/low bulb (or LED module, in your case) it could be installed backwards. Or, the wires in the connector could have been assembled backwards at the factory. You can usually pop the pins out of the connector and reinstall them in different locations. There are special pin plug tools for this, but I have been able to pull it off many times in my life by just poking the little retaining tabs in with a small eyeglasses screwdriver.

There are likely two connectors. One from the handlebar switch assembly to the bike's wiring harness, and another from the harness that plugs into the headlight assembly. I'll wager one or the other of these is either plugged in backwards or wired backwards. If you're lucky you'll be able to spot the one that's got the wire colors reversed on one side of the connection vs. the other.

Old 05-13-2022, 07:20 PM   #3

Hey, Thanks for all the good ideas. I will look into that as soon I can keep myself off the bike long enough. Lov'in it! Cheers.