Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2020, 06:03 PM   #1

Brozz remote start and kill switch

Finally got the Brozz and set it up. So far a great bike for the money.

Found one that turning it off is interesting and not well thought out. Obviously the fuel valve and choke can be used, but if you turn it on with the remote you can only turn it off with the remote. Only if you use the key to turn it on will you be able to turn it off with the key. So silly...

Since there is no kill switch, who has installed one so they can keep the remote start but have an alternative way to shut it off? I know most recommend removing the remote start all together, but it is a cool gimmicky feature that I actually enjoy. Would be nice to just add a kill switch and still have the option.

Thanks!

Old 11-22-2020, 08:50 AM   #2

Some on here have rewired / utilized the hazard switch, to make it a kill switch. I haven't studied on that, or followed the procedure,...but probably a good route to go. (a kill switch would probably be more practical to have than 4 way flashers...)
2019 Brozz 250

Old 11-22-2020, 10:13 AM   #3

I must say, i also very much like the remote start option, and dont mind starting and turning it off from the remote, especially since i ca keep it in my pocket during the ride instead of the ring bouncing around in the ignition. The option mentioned, to modify the flashers can be found here:
http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24635

For me, those hazards may be worthwhile as i live in a mountainous area of central VA and any rides towards the Blue Ridge Parkway can be quite demanding to maintain speed, the hazards could be useful in those situations, as the big-rigs use.

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 11-22-2020, 06:10 PM   #4

2020 Brozz and currently looking into the same thing. I too kinda like the remote start and agree it is a very silly design. There really does need to be a kill switch in my inexperienced opinion.

I looked at the thread tknj99 mentioned (http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24635). The last post looks like a great solution if you're not using the remote start. The solution of shorting the Black/White and Green wires from the ignition module is the same as turning the key to the Off position. This seems to do nothing if the motor was started with the remote start. I tested it today just in case and it didn't kill the motor. Would be a great solution if you only used the key though.

Old 01-14-2021, 05:08 PM   #5

I have a 2020 Brozz , i would like to add an additional kill switch. I do not use the remote start and alarm and have disconnected them. I am a real newbie when it comes to electrical wiring. I would like to buy a simple toggle kill switch off Amazon and wire it in.

Can anyone give me a like to the correct part and how to do it, i would very much appreciate it. This is my first bike and i am also new to the forum, so if i need to start a new thread just let me know.

Old 01-14-2021, 05:23 PM   #6

Also forgot to mentiion, i want to keep the flashers.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by putterputter View Post
Also forgot to mentiion, i want to keep the flashers.

I ordered a switch off of Amazon because I want to keep the hazard switch as well. I will probably use this switch with the front brake mount

I'm hoping delivery is not as long as they say.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...TE7K35KG&psc=1

John

Old 01-15-2021, 02:37 PM   #8

Wow seems very unsafe. I don't think the Brozz would be legal in Canada because of that. I suppose the simplest solution would be a double pole, double throw (DPDT) kill switch (if they exist). One switch in line with the key to interrupt it and another to interrupt the remote start wire. This way when the kill switch is activated bother circuits get interrupted regardless of how it was started.

If you can't get a DPDT then I need a wiring diagram of a bike with a remote start. Then I can tell you the best way to kill it.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 01-15-2021, 11:18 PM   #9

Laughing

Yes, they exist, and the are momentary switches, so have a spring action. One direction would kill the key and the other direction would kill the remote. Then it would reset back to both circuits normally closed.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:19 PM   #10

https://www.amazon.com/EEEkit-2-pack...e+pole+&sr=8-5

Old 01-15-2021, 11:24 PM   #11

With the DPDT momentary switch should only have to fudge with one wire in series for remote, and one wire in series for key.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:01 AM   #12

Actually a "DPST momentary normally closed switch" would work as well if you can find one. Typically DPDT are more common because you can use them in DPST application as well. Digi-key has a huge selection of switches and such not sure if they sell anything suitable for a motorcycle though.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 01-22-2021, 06:42 PM   #13

JohnC, let me know how that switch works out and what you connected it to. I want to do the same on my Brozz. I am most interested in where it connect to the ignition and where it grounds out to.

Thanks

Old 01-23-2021, 09:20 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by putterputter View Post
JohnC, let me know how that switch works out and what you connected it to. I want to do the same on my Brozz. I am most interested in where it connect to the ignition and where it grounds out to.

Thanks

I will, once I get the switch and figure it out........

John