Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2016, 09:26 AM   #1

2009 Yingang YG 200-9

Hey everybody, new guy here. Wasn't sure if I should post this in the new member intros or what, but I figured this was more of the appropriate place.

Anyway, a little bit of background here. I'm 32 and I just got into bikes about 4-5 months ago when I started watching motovlogs on YouTube. I made my New Years' resolution to get a bike and learn how to ride it, so I'm halfway there. Got the bike, just gotta learn.

Here's my only experience actually riding a motorcycle: About 10 years ago, my friend and his wife had a Honda Nighthawk 250 that they rode a lot and they wanted me to ride it around a parking lot. I didn't know anything about bikes really and I didn't wear a helmet or any kind of gear. I successfully rode it around the parking lot like 2-3 times and then came back and when I stopped, I had long pants on and I got 'em caught on the shifter or something and fell over on my knee. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I was fine. I never really thought about bikes much again until I got started watching motovlogs.

A couple of weeks ago, I stumbled upon what I believe was a great deal. A little auto shop had a bike out front and I checked on it and he only wanted $600 for it, so that made me very interested. It turned out it was a Yingang and I had no clue about the brand, but the bike has under 500 miles on it. I sat on it and realized I couldn't flat-foot it, so I hesitated a bit, but then thought "Hey, I can still ride this thing" and bought it.

Ever since then, I've had it out in my garage/driveway a few times practicing pulling out and getting used to the weight.

The bike has some issues. When I first tried running it, it wouldn't stay running, but once I let it run and had my stepdad and uncle ride it, the idle went down and it runs fine for a while, but then the idle jumps up to about 4k or so. I'm not very mechanically inclined at all, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get some seafoam and try that and see if it straightens up the idle.

Also, whoever had it before took off the mirrors and license plate/signals, so I need to buy some of those. Any recommendations?

Basically, I just want some info on the bike and I figured that this was the best place to start.

I intend on getting some full gear before I ride, so I don't hurt myself while I'm learning, so I have some time to find out more about the bike and get everything ready before I actually try and ride it.

My main question is where to find those mirrors and the license plate/turn signals. I looked around on eBay, but I'm not sure what fits and what doesn't since Yingang seems to be a rather obscure brand, so I appreciate any help y'all can give me. Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry for the novel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1360.jpg (96.0 KB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1373.jpg (86.6 KB, 255 views)

Old 04-11-2016, 11:13 AM   #2

Welcome!

That's an interesting bike, and I probably would have snapped it up at that price. 476km is nothing. The mirrors are likely to have the same thread on both sides (unlike Yamaha, where the right mirror has left hand thread), so you can buy whatever you like on eBay. Just measure the mirror perch holes to be clear on the thread diameter.

You can also use whatever signals you wish. I'd buy a set of LED signals, and then change the flasher to the LED type. Don't worry about the bike brand for any of this.

Please show us pics of where the signals were attached, and also of the area where the license plate would be. As well, please show us pics of the motor.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-12-2016, 07:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Welcome!

That's an interesting bike, and I probably would have snapped it up at that price. 476km is nothing. The mirrors are likely to have the same thread on both sides (unlike Yamaha, where the right mirror has left hand thread), so you can buy whatever you like on eBay. Just measure the mirror perch holes to be clear on the thread diameter.

You can also use whatever signals you wish. I'd buy a set of LED signals, and then change the flasher to the LED type. Don't worry about the bike brand for any of this.

Please show us pics of where the signals were attached, and also of the area where the license plate would be. As well, please show us pics of the motor.
Oh, man! Those are KM's!! I swear, I thought they were miles. So, the speedo is in KM's as well, then? Wow, man. My uncle and stepdad both rode it and we thought it was MPH and they were like "I had it up to 85" and I'm like "MAN! That thing must be pretty quick!!" We thought it was MPH!

Thanks so much for the reply. I figured I could use some of those parts from eBay. I'll get y'all some more pics either today or tomorrow.

Old 04-12-2016, 08:55 AM   #4

The distributor for these used to be Massimo. http://www.massimomotor.com/home.php I would suggest to start there for any questions, but as 'Weld' stated, the mirrors and turn signals for most any bike are universal.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-12-2016, 05:26 PM   #5

Hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
Oh, man! Those are KM...
Those gauges had "China Metrology Certification" # that not compulsory http://fanyi.baidu.com/transpage?que...to=en&render=1 in vehicle anymore

Old 04-13-2016, 08:42 AM   #6

Here are some pics I took yesterday:

Sorry for the size of these. Not sure how to do thumbnails.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1410.jpg (89.8 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1411.jpg (92.5 KB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1412.jpg (93.2 KB, 225 views)

Old 04-13-2016, 10:11 AM   #7

Lacks the rear fender as http://www.chyangwa.net/thread-17277062-1-1.html
Buy something that works or DiY using old materials around ...

Old 04-13-2016, 11:11 AM   #8

I like it just as it is; I wouldn't bother with a rear fender. The taillight looks suspiciously close to an old Honda 600 F3; if it's a match, you could buy a cheap aftermarket taillight on eBay that incorporates the turn signals.

The engine is a lovely CG-based pushrod unit that is counter-balanced. The kickstart looks a little awkward against the frame, but at least you have one. Maybe black would be better than chrome. Maybe silver. Not sure.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer