Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #1

This dealer in georgia? Power Sports Unlimited

Hi guys, I hope to own a lifan 200cc soon and I've been trying to find local dealers if at all possible. These guys seem legitimate but their prices are extremely high. Should I go by and see them? (they are located 6 miles from my house) or just buy one from one of the internet dealers?

Has anyone from Georgia ever dealt with these people?

Here is their bike page

http://www.powersports-unlimited.com...n200enduro.htm

Old 04-02-2008, 10:52 PM   #2

Hi, I'm glad to see another local!

I don't think I'd trust them, in fact, I did not. American Lifan says that they are not an authorized dealer.

When I emailed American Lifan last week in search of a local dealer (I'm down south by Jonesboro), they returned my email yesterday listing the following as the dealer closest to me -

Allstar Scooters LLC
4760 Pio Nano Ave
Macon, Ga 31206
Ph (478) 778-5960
Fax (478) 778-4986

I ordered a GY5 from Brian at MotoXtreme.net.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Follow this link for more on the dealer in question. http://www.americanlifan.com/lifan3/...opic.php?t=115
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 04-02-2008, 11:06 PM   #3

As another GA member you need to be careful where you buy from as registering a bike is tough here.

It took about 4 months to get my title.

Brian is a good dealer and a true legitimate motor vehicle dealer with the proper license to sell a motor vehicle unlike the "dealer" I bought from in Buford, GA. I won't say who because he did work hard to get me a title.

That price is way too much for the bike pictured. That is the 06 model GY5.

Brian sells the 08 for $1425 shipped and he gets the title work done.

Allen

Old 04-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #4

Ah yes, thank you both for your good information.

Would Brian be the owner of Allstar Scooters LLC?

and how hard is it to get a bike registered here in georgia? (Ive only found two threads on georgia registration issues, and both of them are issues with the dealer)

This bike would be my first real motorcycle (50cc dirt bike before this). Also my parents are both very clear that they dont want me riding a "street" bike at this age (not even a ninja 250) but they dont mind small dirt bikes, so I think this one will do just fine. At first he'll think its a dirt bike, and then ill get it registered and road legal hopefully let him ride it around too. (he's been wanting to get a motorcycle for himself for a while now, just never had the time/money)

Old 04-03-2008, 05:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by emachine
Would Brian be the owner of Allstar Scooters LLC?
No, Brian is the owner of MotoXtreme.net

It took about a week to get the Allstart Scooter information, by which time I had already placed my order w/ Brian....but I doubt I would have gone down to Macon, even if I had had that information sooner.

Assembly of the bike is part of the appeal to me

I understand your parents concern, and it is valid. Especially in the traffic around here. It requires a lot of focus and confidence to be aware of all the potential dangers, and also be prepared for whatever mistakes the other drivers might make. It only takes a split second to screw up bad enough to get killed.

Anyways, it sounds like you have a pretty good plan...but you might not want to underestimate your dad's ability to sniff out the plan. Those lights and turn signals kind of scream "ride me on the street!".

Best of luck.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #6

I was considering getting the bike from www.hooperimports.com. They are only charging $1200 shipped if you get the red color.

I completely understand what my parents are saying, at this age I am very inexperienced even at driving a car. But ever since I got my first dirt bike I have loved that open air feeling of riding a motorcycle. With this bike, I would never take it off any local roads, and never go on the highway. just a little something to get me from here to the park, or my friends' houses. and practice on until I get a bigger bike after college

Thanks for all your input! I hope to own a bike near the beginning of summer, til then I'll be browsing these forums 24/7 for information.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:35 PM   #7

Registering in GA should not be a problem if the seller is a license motor vehicle dealer. They need to sign the MSO and put there dealer ID number on the back and also they should be the ones filing for the title for you.

Brian is a license dealer in VA so he is legal to sell you a vehicle and you should have no problems registering in GA with him.

I cannot say what the other's dealers status is, but I learned from my experience.

I am sure that the Macon dealer is legit if they are an authorized American Lifan dealership. If you do not want to assemble the bike then it would be worth the hour drive to Macon to get one. You may be able to score an 07 leftover at a better price.

Allen

Old 04-03-2008, 06:39 PM   #8

If MOTO Xtreme accepts paypal, then I will probably end up buying from them. just a tad bit more expensive than hooperimports.com but then again VA is a lot closer than WA.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:43 PM   #9

I don't have any personal experience with Hooper, but I have seen others post who are very happy, and a couple who aren't.

I am also new to these brands and these models, but I think the Red one you're talking about is the GY-2.

I think the newest model is the GY-6, but the GY-5 is maybe the most commonly avaialble right now.

Brian has the GY-5.

Also, and again I have to stipulate that I'm new to the subject so someone needs to correct me if I'm wrong, but the dealers order the bikes at their own specs. Meaning one dealer will have the GY-5 built one way, and another may have the GY-5 built differently. The rear brakes (drum or disc) are one common difference, but there are more.

Call the dealer and talk to them. Ask as many questions as you can think of, and think of as many as you can before you call. Shipping, specs, parts, colors...and other stuff, like time in the business, what they ride, or whatever you want to know.

If anything makes you uncomfortable, make a note and keep looking.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Damn I type slow! lol
I started to mention Brian being closer, but I think the bikes are shipped from Texas. However, if Brian has any parts on hand, they would surely arrive more quickly from Va.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:47 PM   #10

If I was to buy a lifan again it would be from Brian. He helped me with my bike even though I did not buy from him.

His price is fair and they service will make up the difference.

I believe he accepts paypal too.

Allen

Old 04-03-2008, 07:39 PM   #11

Ok, so I emailed the local dealers a while ago too before I asked this question in the dealer forum. Here is how he replied.. pretty professional response in my opinion, however i would like to know if the 08 models are balanced like he states in his response.

Original Question -

"Hi!, I live in atlanta, and I was glad to find a dealer here in georgia for these 200cc lifan enduro style bikes. I was wondering if you could answer the following questions for me?

1. Do your bikes come with an MSO registered in your dealer name along with an MSO? (I've heard some bad stories when it comes to getting these bikes titled in the state of georgia)

2. Are you negotiable on your price? (paying in cash) because I would really want to buy a bike like this locally, but your on site price is $1899.00 and a reputable online dealer such as www.hooperimports.com only charges around $1200 shipped. Im not bashing your price but was wondering if you could lower it some? (would like to buy locally if possible, and avoid any shipping damages that could happen)

Thank you very much!"

Their Response -

"Dan,

Thanks for your inquiry! Yes, we do our MSO's / Titles legally and correctly. Many resellers of the Lifan brand (especially online) are not actual licensed motor cycle dealers therefore causing the problem you are referring to. I assure you we have done it many times and you can buy with confidence.

I do not know how reputable Hooper Imports is as I have never heard of them before. Not to say that they are not, however, I question any online outfit willing to sell crated powersport products directly to the public. It is just not smart for the buyer, seller or the industry as a whole to do this with no pre, during or after sale service or support. And how about parts? Many say they have them but absolutely do not!

As for pricing, $1299 @ Hooper is for the 2006 GY-2 version. Apples to apples we can match their price for sure! You can pick it up at the store in Norcross for $1400, CASH, including all taxes and fees - out the door. $1600 assembled, prepped, tested, taxes and fees - out the door. What we recommend is the 2008 GY-5 with the balanced engine! They have much less vibration while riding and are much more comfortable. These units are in stock and what you are looking at on our site at $1899. $2000 cash will get you one of these bikes fully assembled, prepped and tested and includes all taxes and fees also.

Dan, we have been working with Lifan and the Chinese for almost 4 years now and stock most parts most of the time. A little more added value to shopping with us is that you get lifetime discounts on future purchases including all parts, accessories and labor! All that and a friendly neighborhood place to business in with a familiar face for years to come. Thanks again for your inquiry. I hope to have been some help. Please feel free to contact me further if there is anything else I can do. I look forward to talking with you soon.

Jim

Old 04-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #12

Hmm sounds like a nice person to deal with..Might be worth the extra cash if they prep the bike right..That accounts for some of the extra money.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:26 PM   #13

Good response, but $2000 for a GY5 is too much. There is a distributor selling lifan products in Norcross. They are probably buying them or they are the same company. I would be hesistant to buy from them as it appears they are trying to get the most money.

Find out what the Macon based dealer has to say.

Allen

Old 04-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #14

I agree.

Nice response....but the price is high. I wonder how firm that price is when you're standing in front if him with a stack of money though...I bet it drops.

I think it's worth trying. Decide the most you're willing to pay and don't carry a dollar more...and go talk with the guy. Maybe you just need to go a couple of times and get friendly.

I also like the sound of the discount for life. That's really nice if they are closer than anyone else and the discount isn't already added into the "normal" price. It's hard to place a value on a lifetime discount. Assuming they will be around for any length of time.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:58 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedSouth
Decide the most you're willing to pay and don't carry a dollar more...and go talk with the guy.
I walk away after I make my offer and usually they follow me out the door with a more reasonable counter.

I offer $1100 for my bike. Seller countered at $1300. We agree to $1200 plus tax after I started to walk out.

Sticker price was $1899.

I bought a suzuki on wednesday for $200. That is want I had in my pocket and was ready to spend.

Allen