Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2019, 07:08 AM   #1

Orionpowersports.com - Positive

Hello All...

I wanted to check in with feedback on my recent purchase of an RXB-39 from Orion Powersports ( www.orionpowersports.com )

They are located a few hours North of me, outside of Ft. Worth, Texas. and I was honestly thinking of going to kick tires and trailer something home if I liked what I saw. However, most people wouldn't have that option, and I wanted to get the "full experience" that others would have.

Made a call on a Monday morning, letting them know I was considering driving up, and they said they had all models assembled and ready to check out (good). I then asked them about completing the transaction over the phone. They requested that the order go through their online service for two reasons. First, there'd be an electronic trail on the order, so all would be in writing...verifiable in the event of a problem (very good). Second, this ensured that my bank was involved in verification of the transaction online, so there would be no question about the charges...and so I could have a comfort level regarding protection by my bank (even better).

Ordered after the call. Received a verification email within 10 minutes. E-signed an electronic verification of the transaction within 24 hours, and the bike was in my driveway 48 hours after that.

The only bummer was shipping...specifically around lift-gate service. There was no option to include it at time of purchase, and the "free shipping" rolled into the price didn't include this as a baseline. I knew I'd pay for it, but having to write a paper check to the truck driver upon delivery was a nuisance compared to how easy everything else went.

Cardboard crate cover was 1/4 gone, but there was no impact damage or anything of issue with the bike. All parts were there, and MSO was in a sealed cardboard envelope, taped to the bubble-wrap over the seat (nice). The owner's manual was missing, but they put one in the mail same-day when I called to let them know.

Honesty, I couldn't be happier given some of the horror stories I've heard from other distributors. Perhaps it is because they consider this variant of the XMOTOS bike to be "their personal brand," and I haven't seen anyone else carry most of their models.

The transaction was clean. The process was well documented to remove any concerns that have been created in the market space by other resellers. The result was fast and positive. The experience is good enough that Orion Powersports will be the first place I go when my daughter outgrows her current TTR50.

Parts support is still a tiny bit thin, but they have been responsive. I'm buying components like fork seals/bushings and stuff before I need them, and they are accommodating.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:45 PM   #2

Good to hear you had a positive purchase with them. Their bikes look like good deals.

Old 10-17-2019, 03:16 PM   #3

wonder if they use many shipping companies....would love to know the one charged you extra

Old 10-17-2019, 04:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
wonder if they use many shipping companies....would love to know the one charged you extra
Most will do freight collect on limited access/residential/liftgate if not paid by the shipper. R+L will normally do liftgate for $5 if you negotiate with them, same for resi/limited access.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.