Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2022, 05:12 AM   #1

2021 TBR7-Getting Rear Wheel Back On

I took my rear wheel off to fix a flat, grease the axle and swing arm bolt (took the swing arm off too), and upgrade the sprocket studs and bolts. Now I'm trying to put it back on but it doesn't want to fit.
I put the axle bolt in the sprocket side through the black bushing but I can't get the brake caliper mount/bushing squeezed in on the brake disc side. Nothing seems to go easy for me with this stuff I tell ya!
Are there any secrets to this?
What am I doing wrong?
That black bushing does go on the sprocket side doesn't it? The disc brake caliper mount combos as a bushing on the right, disc brake side. Before the TBR7 had disc brakes, I believe there were stand alone bushings on both sides

Last edited by Tomkay44; 01-30-2022 at 09:08 AM.

Old 01-30-2022, 10:45 AM   #2

I don't have a TBR7 so I can't speak from observation. On my Hawk the brake caliper bracket acts as a spacer and fits in the seal and there is a spacer on the sprocket side. The brake caliper bracket has a slot in it which fits on a tab on the swingarm. Make sure it is in the slot.

Old 01-30-2022, 01:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
I don't have a TBR7 so I can't speak from observation. On my Hawk the brake caliper bracket acts as a spacer and fits in the seal and there is a spacer on the sprocket side. The brake caliper bracket has a slot in it which fits on a tab on the swingarm. Make sure it is in the slot.
That's the same on the TBR7. Thanks for verifying.

Old 01-31-2022, 11:41 AM   #4

It can be a pain, I find it helpful to put a little grease on the bushings to help them stay in place and also go ahead and remove the chain guard.

Old 01-31-2022, 01:46 PM   #5

First off, put every thing on a lineup bar or large Phillips screwdriver. Then on the other side start pushing a well greased axle bolt in which will move the lineup bar out. You can move the lineup bar around while pushing on the axle. Sometimes I've had to use a rubber mallet to get it moving.

2016 Magician 250

Old 01-31-2022, 04:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician16 View Post
First off, put every thing on a lineup bar or large Phillips screwdriver. Then on the other side start pushing a well greased axle bolt in which will move the lineup bar out. You can move the lineup bar around while pushing on the axle. Sometimes I've had to use a rubber mallet to get it moving.
Thanks Magician16. That's probably the best method to use. Thanks for your help.

Old 02-02-2022, 07:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkay44 View Post
Thanks Magician16. That's probably the best method to use. Thanks for your help.
So, did you get your rear wheel mounted yet? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 02-02-2022, 08:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by severely View Post
So, did you get your rear wheel mounted yet? Inquiring minds want to know.
I sure did thanks for asking. Before I saw your reply, I did it by putting the brake caliper mount side up first. Then I started the axle in just through the swing arm and was able to slide the sprocket side coupler/bushing in fairly easy and feed the axle bolt the rest of the way through beating it a little with a rubber mallet.
I don't know why it wouldn't work putting the brake mount in last but it sure wouldn't.
There'll be a next time and I'll be using the Magician16 method. Sure appreciate your wise input/help/bail out.

Old 02-02-2022, 06:10 PM   #9

I found that sometimes when I use my motorcycle lift jack, it presses on the foot brake and engages the rear caliper. Not enough to prevent sliding off the wheel, but enough to prevent reinstalling the wheel.

Just check if the rear brake is engaged.

hth,

Testing a YouTube Channel