Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2022, 11:30 PM   #1

Back to the Chinese motorcycle world.

Hi all
After two years of not owning a Chinese motorcycle i'm back. I just loved too much my little Yamaha, so i didn't have a need for another motorcycle

Name:  E1E2A0DF-2798-43A0-957E-C1BE76A653FD.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  98.4 KB

It was light, easy to handle and it was great dual sport
Traffic jam? No Problem.

leisure riding?
You got it

I have done few 400 miles trips with that little Yamaha non stop at 62 mph the only times i had to stop was to get fuel and drink something.

BUT sadly there is a worldwide disease known as thiefs. People that can't be bothered to get a job or get find a way to get money in a decent way...

With my XTZ gone, i had to find a replacement for it. My 2 strokes while fun to ride are not material for daily use even less fun to ride for 400 miles... It has around 13700 miles when it was stolen, still new.

Getting a Yamaha or Honda with the current inflation is just not wise, even less when Honda, Yamaha and KTM are the most stolen bikes (still a bit shocked).

So the solution was a Loncin SX2
Name:  20220720_182329.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  122.2 KB

It has the 6 speed RE250, inverted forks, a more modern frame. Way more taller than the yamaha, at around 36 inches while the Yamaha was around 31 inches

Since i'm still waiting for the plate i didn't ride it a lot.
So far the RE250 seems to be responsive, the importer says the way they asked the engine to be set up, the output should be close to 18hp.
Time will tell, but for the time being i really like the way the motorcycle looks.
The only thing i need for the sx2 is a pannier rack, something i do use quite often.

Old 07-23-2022, 04:55 AM   #2

It's a hard way to get there (lost Yamaha), but this Loncin SX2 looks excellent. Nice!!!

We do not have this bike in our market as far as I know. It looks similar to my Zuumav Templar X 250. Enduro style frame, suspension and seat. Very nice.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:34 AM   #3

Sorry to hear about your trusty friend being taken from you. I hate a thief. But, MAN that new Loncin is SUPER NICE!!!! How come other countries always gets the cool stuff, and we here in the U.S. don't?? Oh, wait, nevermind SMH.
Again congrats on the new bike and thanks for posting the videos.

Old 07-23-2022, 06:29 PM   #4

Sorry about the Yamaha, but that's a really cool bike! Is it an aluminum frame and swingarm? If it's steel, it makes me think of a copy of the CRF250L. The only thing I'd change on it are the handlebars, which seem to cheapen the overall look of it.

Old 07-23-2022, 10:59 PM   #5

Nice bike , hopefully better luck with this one.

Old 07-24-2022, 02:33 AM   #6

Will be interested to hear how this bike is compared to your Yamaha. Loncin has always had a good reputation, but we don't see their bikes in the US, although numerous bikes (including some BMW models from what I remember) use Loncin engines. Shame, because the bikes are apparently top-notch.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-24-2022, 11:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
Sorry about the Yamaha, but that's a really cool bike! Is it an aluminum frame and swingarm? If it's steel, it makes me think of a copy of the CRF250L. The only thing I'd change on it are the handlebars, which seem to cheapen the overall look of it.
It is a copy of the frame CRF250L and i find it funny that this

"The only thing I'd change on it are the handlebars, which seem to cheapen the overall look of it"

Was my first impression too, they went extra el cheapo with the handlebar, handlebar grips, mirrors and levers.
The mirrors are barely ok, i really dislike the diamond shaped mirrors, to the point that i already bought a new set of rounded mirrors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Will be interested to hear how this bike is compared to your Yamaha. Loncin has always had a good reputation, but we don't see their bikes in the US, although numerous bikes (including some BMW models from what I remember) use Loncin engines. Shame, because the bikes are apparently top-notch.
The Yamaha i had was made by Jianshe and it was assembled in my country. The quality of the motorcycle is quite amazing, even Yamaha sold that xtz in Japan.

It's a very reliable engine on par with the CG made by Honda, but it was OHC. The suspension was top notch (for it's size) and the whole brake system was made by Nissin.

The Loncin SX2 are also reliable machines, the RE250 has a nice reliability history.
Loncin been selling the RE250 in this part of the world since 2016 if not mistaken. There are many motocycles with a RE250 that has over 32000 miles on them with no problems.

I'm eager to get the plate and ride like 300 to 400 miles and see how it handles that kind of trip.

But there are small details like the handlebar looking el cheapo.

Also it has the unique "brand newchinese motorcycle" smell, every single chinese motorcycle has the same smell when new. It's like a sweet flavour that makes your head hurt... I wonder if they use some kind of wax to keep the engine shiny on the dealership