Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #1

Identifying abused bike

Hello,
I received an Enduro that has much damage to most of the plastic, lights, console, exhaust, wiring etc. These clone type bikes are new to me and here we are trying to identify this poor bike so I can get to work on it and maybe have it for the ranch here.

I think it is a GY200 and possibly 2008, but that's as far as I can go with searches here, pictures and my knowledge of these. The motor is stamped HS163FML/080F0242 and the vin starts with LWGYCML1...

Thanks for any direction, I am really starting from scratch. Thanks for the info!

Jim

Old 07-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #2

Picture of the poor beast

You know some of the bikes found used are so clean and wonderful with hardly any repair fun. This bike's fun factor in that regard is off the scale. Its not a bad little bike, it just needs someone to love it.

Hopefully I did the picture right. At this point most of the damage seems to be on the outside, I'll check inside the carb while parts are being shipped. I might just change the oil and clean the screen too.

Thanks again for the help!
Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0618.jpg (98.6 KB, 450 views)

Old 07-06-2014, 08:03 PM   #3

http://www.redcatonline.com/body-pla...t-p-28009.html This should be the plastic set for it . likely hs stands for hisun factory http://hsmotos.com/detail.aspx?tgid=135

Old 07-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #4

Well at least this bike started off being shiny. Thanks for the link to the plastic set! I'll keep those in mind once I am there, indeed alllll the plastic pieces are shot and then some.

Does the VIN# tell me anything?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0629.jpg (92.4 KB, 258 views)

Old 07-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #5

heres the manufacturer: Chongqing Huansong Industries Group Co
Address: Shiyan Industrial Park
Zip / Country 400052 China
Product Type: Motorcycle, ATV

and you are correct, its an 08 model... thats all i could find from the vin...

Old 07-06-2014, 09:46 PM   #6

Awesome! I searched for the VIN and came up with a russian 4 cylinder car! Well thanks, I can start searching for parts now. I've already stripped everything off and am ready to start.

Thanks again!
Jim

Old 07-06-2014, 10:20 PM   #7

Chinese calls these as "Zongshen style" (zs125gy)
---
"163FML" (CG200) had minor difference in different brands:
Zongshen http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36115235290 63.5/76.0
Lifan http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36366472868 63.5/75.85
Loncin http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36309545428 63.0/76.0

Old 07-07-2014, 12:03 AM   #8

Getting very close

Ok so I think I'm starting to see what it's name is: 2008 Zongshen GY200-_______ <-- Is there a number here like 5 or 8 or 9? And is this how I search for parts is by this name?

And I've read so much over the last couple of days that I could've sworn there is something special about the Zongshen engine type. Right? Or maybe it's tires...I'll do a search but it seems to stand out in my memory...a little.

I also think I read a couple of times that the CG125 service manual is what I should be obtaining when working on this engine? Is there something else that is published more recently than 1994 that I'm not finding? Or is the Haynes 1994 one the one to get?

And now a search for parts lists. There seem to be a few hoses, wires, case covers and who knows what else missing. Are there parts schematics out there that would show a whole one (a whole bike)? I'm not that experienced to know yet what's important or what can stay missing on these. My long goal is to strip all the paved road worthiness off of it and it'll live the rest of it's life in the brush off-road.

Well that's a chunk of questions for the experts. I'm going to start doing general part searches to see what I'm dealing with so far from the obvious things missing--battery, battery box, spark plug wire/coil, gas cap, exhaust and there's prolly more I haven't even discovered yet.

Thanks! The excitement is building over here! I'm off to do more searching
Jim

Old 07-07-2014, 12:59 AM   #9

Welcome to these forums, Jim. We are glad you joined us.

Zongshen makes good engines. My Zongshen 200GY-2 is atypical because it employs a clone of a Yamaha engine, has a 15-inch rear wheel, and an 18-inch front wheel. Your bike has the typical clone of a Honda engine, and the conventional, dual sport wheels.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-07-2014, 08:13 AM   #10

If you type in cg125 manual pdf in google search it'll be a pdf manual for the engine. Its a complete repair manual for the motor can't wait to see life brought back into it

Old 07-07-2014, 08:18 AM   #11

Also a lot of the parts for a lifan 200gy might fit your bike as it looks similar to it I'm sure the experts will either confirm or deny this

Old 07-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #12

CG125 manual search

Ok good I might be on the right track. I am finding this one for free:
http://die-kleinkraftrad-ig.de/wisse...itungcg125.pdf -which is the 'published in 1994' version.

And the same edition for download in other places too. Is this the one? I note that there are listings for the official book that cover through 2007, maybe this is the edition I need? I found the 'through 2007' by Jeremy Churchill edition on Amazon but not for free. Am I missing it somewhere else?

Woohoo I am getting closer every day!! Thanks!
Jim

Old 07-07-2014, 11:08 AM   #13

Welcome Jim!

The 1994 version of the manual is likely to be a closer match. Incidentally, your bike was also known as Roketa and Shineray.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-07-2014, 12:14 PM   #14

http://www.hooperimports.com/dept.aspx?dept_id=15-003 a place to browse gy-2 is most like yours some part are the same and some are gy-5 only.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #15

One step forward, two steps back

I am feeling a little dense as a dry rock this morning. I am having difficulty getting my head around about how to search for parts, like google etc.

Alright so here is what I understand: All of these enduros like mine with the HS163FML engine are all called GY200 or 200GY. And if it's Zongshen it is a ZS200GY. I still don't know what the number on the end is for this bike: ie if it is a ZS200GY-_____ <---what's that last singular number? I have seen -2, -5, -8, and -9 so far. It seems to make a difference in correct model parts as well as identify between a yamaha and honda clone?

Also still foggy is that some of these have separate names like "Sierra" is there something this bike is called too?

And to confuse me more my bike looks similar to Lonfin, redcat, roketa, shineray...which begs the question other than accessories and fairings am I looking at the same 200cc bike underneath it all (other than the yamaha clone vs honda clone)? I am headed out to get the measurements off the tires to see if that's a further clue now that I know those are possibly different for these.

And last-as far as I can tell this whole bike (what remains) is all stock and hand spray can painted, zip tied, etc-I half expected to find baling wire in there somewhere, so if there's items I should look to upgrade while I'm at it please let me know. Once I know what this bike is for sure I will start another post with damage/fix pics, it'll be a doozy.

I do feel like I'm getting the hang of all this but still need some polishing. I thank you for your patience teaching this rock to fly...or err..uhm to fix this bike.

Jim