Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2018, 01:07 PM   #1

Hellcat pop/grind engine shut off

I have a hellcat with 360 miles. After I changed the oil at 300 miles from Honda to Yamaha oil the bike has started to make a loud pop and shut the engine off. It has done this a handful of times starting with the first start up after the oil change. It only does it shortly after the engine has been turned on, sometimes on its own or at times when I pull the throttle. After that it runs fine. What could this be? I was thinking maybe the starter sticking but at times it will be idling for a few mins before it does it.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:16 PM   #2

Hmm where is the "pop" coming from? the muffler? the intake (Carb)? or the actual engine itself? Not sure if its related to the oil your using, could be just coincidence as long as the oil your using is 10W40... when the engine is running do you here a rattle type noise coming from the front of the motor? maybe valve adjustment is out, causing it to "backfire", are you still running the factory carb? or did you upgrade it? Does it run fine from idle all the way to full throttle when its not poping or is it sluggish in certain areas of the throttle? Ya gotta give some more info to pin point the problem.