Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2020, 06:13 AM   #1

Fork Spring Replacement?

Hey Everyone,

I'm liking the progressive option for a rear shock upgrade, thinking of going through the company to get it dialed in to what I want to do.

For the forks, I'm wanting to start with just higher quality oil and fork springs and see how that works.

Can anyone give me some measurements that would keep me from having to take everything apart?

Fork springs
lenght 425mm right?
Can anyone give me the inner and outer diameter of the stock springs?

Can anyone provide the inner and outer diameter of the stock shock spring?

Thanks!!

Old 05-25-2020, 01:27 PM   #2

Of course you have checked the sag with the OEM spring. Can you dial the preload so you are getting 25-20% race sag? If not, then a different spring is required. I suspect you will still find the rear stiff because the shock itself is bargain basement.

Fork springs...same deal, if you can get the correct sag by adjusting the preload there is no reason to buy different springs. Changing the oil is probably the most cost effective mod. After that the valving itself is going to give great bang for your buck.

Peter Y.

Old 05-25-2020, 11:13 PM   #3

I've got a local Malaysia rally racer who's using some custom springs made in Taiwan . At USD 60 for a pair it's worth it to me as an experiment.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. Racetech also sells 425mm springs, could be a nice upgrade.